Small NHS breakthrough

Jacqui_Jay

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Mis-use of the English language, road rage, people who think the world owes them a living
I went to see my diabetes nurse today for the first time since I adopted a LCHF diet. I went armed with a chart showing all my positive readings, ready to fight my corner. To my amazement, she was delighted for me, said whatever works for you - carry on. She agreed there was no need for me to resume medication as I had everything under control. :) Delighted? Just a bit! :)

Reactions: 41 people

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went to see my diabetes nurse today for the first time since I adopted a LCHF diet. I went armed with a chart showing all my positive readings, ready to fight my corner. To my amazement, she was delighted for me, said whatever works for you - carry on. She agreed there was no need for me to resume medication as I had everything under control. :) Delighted? Just a bit! :)
It`s so refreshing to get an enlightened one isn`t it, my GP was just the same. I just have to convince him that I`m really not going to take the statins that he keeps trying to foist off onto me now:meh:.

Reactions: 4 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Isnt it great not having to go into battle at every turn, she sounds exactly like my lovely nurse. :)

Reactions: 2 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Well done! And it sounds like your nurse is a gem too - it's brill when they're not closed minded!

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thats wonderful news! Well done, thats inspiring & a real boost for us all to read Im sure :)

Jacqui_Jay

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Mis-use of the English language, road rage, people who think the world owes them a living
Thank you all ...... yes, I'm still having to dodge the statins, but she didn't push it.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Kind of the same for me as well this morning. Went to a Diabetes Clinic at my local surgery and had 2 diabetes nurses..
They were pleased that my HbA1c had gone from 8.6 on 30/10 to 6.3 on 11/12 and that I'd lost 10kg in weight. One did say that as diabetes was a "progressive disease".. which I picked her up on. but overall they were positive that my low carbing and fasting had had such speedy results. I was a bit surprised however when she said that I was the first person they had seen this year who had actually done something like this after diagnosis.. and that everyone else was just taking their meds as prescribed.. crazy. Told them I had only taken metformin for three weeks before dumping it (metaphorically and literally) which made them even more impressed. I put it down to following the lead of many others on here who are proponents of the LCHF diet which has produced some great results for me. I would like to say thanks to everyone here for leading by example.

Reactions: 9 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes indeed @bulkbiker

Well done!

It isn't always easy, and takes a lot of determination and endurance to turn your eating habits on their head and stick with it.

:D

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was a bit surprised however when she said that I was the first person they had seen this year who had actually done something like this after diagnosis.. and that everyone else was just taking their meds as prescribed.. crazy.
Perhaps they should be advising their other patients that there are other ways of reducing BS particularly as you have proved to them that it works. Well done on your good results.

Cl1ve

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all just thought I'd share my first experience with my diabetic nurse . I have to say she was so helpful my hba1c was to low so she suggested I change my medication . And was told that if I felt that I needed to test my blood sugar levels I should carry on . It's so sad that some people are having a problem getting test strips on prescription . While others have no problems at all So starting my new medication from today and have been told if I have any issues to give her a call. So all in all a really positive experience
Clive

Last edited by a moderator:

Phlogiston

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, ofsted inspectors, uninvited phonecalls
My health centre were delighted when my Hba1C was well down last time I was tested. My GP rang me up to congratulate me.
They're happy for me to remain on my sustainable diet while the results are good. They seem to be being successful with several other folk I know.