Leg have way

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Very occasionally my right leg will give way. It's fine straight after and I have trouble with my knee in the past but wondered if anyone else has ever had this. There is no sense of pain when this happens.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I have. I have no idea why it happened and it hasn't happened for a few years now. Not much help, sorry. :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
That sounds like Sciaitic nerve or nerve pinching. I emphasise "sounds" .... Get that checked out would be my advice

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I would mention that to the Doc on your next visit Emma. Especially if it's happened before. xx

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very occasionally my right leg will give way. It's fine straight after and I have trouble with my knee in the past but wondered if anyone else has ever had this. There is no sense of pain when this happens.

That can be a symptom of minor cartilage damage in the knee. I used to have that, before surgery. The surgery didn't occur because of that issue, but whilst in there, they sorted the cartilage issue, as a sort of expensive bonus.

Not everything is diabetes or RH related.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had that happen - mine was due to endurance cycling & its impact on a muscle called the vastus medialis. The pain didn't present until the knee had been giving out for a couple of weeks so it could be your old knee injury. I'd run it by your doctor - you may get a physio referral :)

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Thanks all. Yes could well be. I also wore heels on Sunday and don't usually so may have aggravated my knee x