Fasting level 11.2

Diz

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi there, my other half is the diabetic in our house, he was diagnosed type 2 just over 3 years ago and at the time was just under 11 stones. We found out purely by accident thanks to a medical for something else, he ate a healthy diet and was physically active so it was a shock. No other members of his family have it.
Moving on to now, he eats a very strict diet, no meat but plenty of fish, nuts, pulses and veggies. He's replaced milk with coconut milk except for one cup of coffee daily that's made with cows milk.

His fasting BG level today was 11.2‼️

If it gets down to 8 at any time it's a celebration, there have been been occasions when it's been as high as 34.3. It's a nightmare, and to add to the nightmare he's losing weight as if it's a competition and is n'a now under 9 stones. Gliclazide doesn't seem to have any effect.

Reactions: 12 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Hi there, my other half is the diabetic in our house, he was diagnosed type 2 just over 3 years ago and at the time was just under 11 stones. We found out purely by accident thanks to a medical for something else, he ate a healthy diet and was physically active so it was a shock. No other members of his family have it.
Moving on to now, he eats a very strict diet, no meat but plenty of fish, nuts, pulses and veggies. He's replaced milk with coconut milk except for one cup of coffee daily that's made with cows milk.

His fasting BG level today was 11.2‼️

If it gets down to 8 at any time it's a celebration, there have been been occasions when it's been as high as 34.3. It's a nightmare, and to add to the nightmare he's losing weight as if it's a competition and is n'a now under 9 stones. Gliclazide doesn't seem to have any effect.

Hi - I'd suggest you repost this on the Ask A Question forum or you start a thread on the type 2..You'll get more response. People here tend to purely post numbers and daily comments on their levels. When you do..refer to what his HbA1c test results are, and what he is eating. I shall look out for it, and reply. Paul

Reactions: 16 people