Status
Not open for further replies.

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hello!
I just had cornish clotted cream it was AMAZING!!
can you tell me please, is the double cream in supermarkets the same? or how is it?
also, can you tell me please if there are other products like this, huge in fat, that are either savoury like tzatziki or sweet like panacota?
I would love to have tzatziki with my grilled meat that its base is a hugely fat yoghurt/cream! is there a product like this?
also I would love to have a sweet cool dessert huge in fat like panacota, maybe with some sweeteners, it's alright
all with minimum carbs ofcourse!
are there such products?
thanks!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
No, double cream is not the same as clotted cream...there seems to be pretty much Rodda's Brand name in most supermarkets.

Can't help with other info tho.

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
how is double cream like? they sell it in bowls like yoghurt, I suppose it's edible like a yoghurt? how does it taste?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Some people like it and others don't so why not buy some and try it.

As for your other questions, I think you need to experiment in the kitchen as I've never seen those high fat foods for sale.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hello!
I just had cornish clotted cream it was AMAZING!!
can you tell me please, is the double cream in supermarkets the same? or how is it?
also, can you tell me please if there are other products like this, huge in fat, that are either savoury like tzatziki or sweet like panacota?
I would love to have tzatziki with my grilled meat that its base is a hugely fat yoghurt/cream! is there a product like this?
also I would love to have a sweet cool dessert huge in fat like panacota, maybe with some sweeteners, it's alright
all with minimum carbs ofcourse!
are there such products?
thanks!

Clotted cream is boiled gently for a long time, then skimmed to create the additional thickness and higher fat than even double cream.

There are plenty of full fat Tzasiki / Raita options on the supermarket shelves, but why not make them yourself? The internet is a wonderful place to find recipes, then of course you can modify them yourself to your absolute preference.

You have to experiment, for you, because what I like may not be what you like.

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
can you tell me please those high fat options avail on supermarket??? because I can't find any!
is there a thickest fattest yoghurt available?

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, today I ate one double cream at 12pm. It was delicious, though I would like it to be solid, as it was fairly liquid. But by 7pm, I had to urgently go to the toilet for severe diarrhoea. I couldn't barely hold it and I lost some during my journey to the wc. Is this normal? Will the bowel adjust to fat consumption? Is high fat consumption healthy?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Are you on any medications that could react with fat...ie some diet pills if ate with fat can cause bad diarrhoea.

Double cream can be whisked and turns into really thick, thick cream. The thickness depends how much you whisk it up though..

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, today I ate one double cream at 12pm. It was delicious, though I would like it to be solid, as it was fairly liquid. But by 7pm, I had to urgently go to the toilet for severe diarrhoea. I couldn't barely hold it and I lost some during my journey to the wc. Is this normal? Will the bowel adjust to fat consumption? Is high fat consumption healthy?

How much cream is "one double cream"? If I think about how supermarkets sell it, in UK, that could be anything from a teaspoonfull to a 600ml tub.

If you want it thicker, then there is Extra Thick Double Cream in all the major supermarkets (not sure about ALDI or Lidl). In that department, I find the Tesco ETDC nicer than tha ASDA version which is actually too solid for me. It may be to your taste.

Too much fat can loosen things up a lot.......

Reactions: 2 people

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I ate the whole tube. It was delicious but also malicious with me almost not managing to reach the toilet and after I reached it, But I liked the cream, shall I try again? Will it be more lenient now?

edit by mod -- remove off topic remark

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I ate the whole tube. It was delicious but also malicious with me almost not managing to reach the toilet and after I reached it, I burst and made a huge mess on the walls and ceiling. But I liked the cream, shall I try again? Will it be more lenient now?

OK, so I'm still none the wiser. In the supermarkets I use, tubs go from 150ml to 600 or 900ml.

Only you can decide what you want to eat, and whether you believe the impact it has on your system are good for you.

Why do you have this fixation with cream?

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear Greener - personally I think you should give cream a wide berth .....

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The tube was probably 300-400ml around.
1) What is the Creme Fraiche like? Liquid or like clotted cream?
2) Where can I find hugely fat yogurt?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I think tube might be tub.

Personally if anything had that effect on me I'd avoid it in future.

Reactions: 2 people

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Go to Lidl, and buy this stuff:

It is VERY thick.
false

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The tube was probably 300-400ml around.
1) What is the Creme Fraiche like? Liquid or like clotted cream?
2) Where can I find hugely fat yogurt?

Greener, with respect, asking someone what x, y or z foodstuff is like is a bit of a Russian Roulette situation. I love Brussels sprouts, so would give those a glowing review (Beautiful green, emerald jewels), whereas my OH would refer to them quite differently (he detests them).

None of these things you are asking about cost a king's ransom, so why not just try things for yourself? Half the fun of finding new foods are the surprises we have along the way. Trying things, and reading the labels is all part of grasping control.

Reactions: 4 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Go to Lidl, and buy this stuff:

It is VERY thick.
false

2 choices:
Greek Style (per 100g: 3.2g Carbs, 10g Fat)
Turkish Style (per 100g: 4.2g Carbs, 10g Fat)
Turkish is the thicker! but both quite thick!

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10% only fat?
I am looking for at least 30%, ideally 50%
Even mayo has 85% fat
Why they don't make really fat yogurt, like cream?
Maybe they sell it as cream? I would buy cream but not for sweets, I want to make tzatziki.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10% only fat?
I am looking for at least 30%, ideally 50%
Even mayo has 85% fat
Why they don't make really fat yogurt, like cream?
Maybe they sell it as cream? I would buy cream but not for sweets, I want to make tzatziki.

Try soured cream. It is sold as Soured Cream, as opposed to referring to cream which has soured.

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't like sour cream, it's horrible taste

Status
Not open for further replies.