Room 010 (NOT like the TV prog)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunneria, for helping me find this, as I am in a place with dodgy wifi.

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This place with dodgy wifi, and dodgier mobile phone coverage. I have escaped from the hurly burly, topsy turvy reality that is my mundane life, for a while.

I want the lovely people who have enabled this to have a lovely, long break in 010, while I take care of their place for them, because it is better than 010.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I would like to thank the lovely Pete the plumber who came to our rescue yesterday and mended our leaking ball ****, it had been driving us mad with the water pouring out of the overflow pipe right above our back door, not only that it only took him about 20 mins to sort it but he didn't charge silly money for doing so, a rare find so am keeping his number on redial.

Reactions: 6 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I want to give the Open Reach team who have been working so hard on getting us up and running, a week in here, as even with the bad weather and the heavy traffic whizzing past them they stayed put and plodded on till they found the faults lots of them, replaced cables through tiny conduits feet underground in smelly conditions, many thanks.

Reactions: 4 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:rolleyes::)
First of all my wonderful Hubby for looking after me so well, especially in the last 14 years since I started with this dreaded Osteoarthritis. Secondly my new DIL and son for realising my need to see my Grandson. My son moved back home when he split with his first wife ,and my son had joint custody. We have looked after Jack part time for 5 of his 6 years. And miss him sleeping over. They make sure they call for a couple of hours on a Sunday . We play Dominoes and Board games . Such a pleasure.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Mr Sharpe, my hubbies wonderful cardiologist who took the time to apologise to the patients after us that he would be running a little late and then took the time to explain the what, why and when and results of hubbies scan to us in fine detail, as hubby had been having angina attacks that were worrying him, so he has arranged for some more tests and tweaked his meds a little and said if we were worried about anything at all to let him know, but all in all he was happy with how things are going, such a nice change from the usual "keep taking the tablets goodbye" attitude, but if he did come for a fortnights R and R others would be missing his caring touch.

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My two grown up children who came round this morning, together !! Such a nice surprise (both of them), and son bought me a lovely pot plant and daughter is going to make me some herbal hand cream for my poorly wrist and hand. :) :) what a lovely start to the day :D

Reactions: 5 people
N

NicolaB70

The two guys, Ron and James who have fitted my new bathroom. They have done a fantastic job and it looks so lovely. After being told it wasn't going to happen as I was one of the customers in the Tesco/Mark 2 chaos that is still going on and having a couple of stressful days of phone calls and chasing, now having a perfect bathroom was worth it. Thanks guys

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Brothers John and Alec who changed three duff radiators in 4 hours and got our home toasty warm again, making a midnight trip to the loo was a chilling affair, not only that they left the place spotless, and best of all they didn't charge silly money for doing the job, such nice young men.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant.
I was thinking of this and 101 only yesterday.

Thank you for resurrecting this thread - and I am glad you are warm again!

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I would like the young man at Abbotts customer care to get a good dose of 010, on learning I had no spare meter and chatting about the merits of the Optimum Neo vs the Optimum he sent me one of each, the Neo is indeed a smart piece of kit all bells and whistles except it doesn't have a back light for night time, but hey for a spare ideal, so many thanks to him.

belfastbrett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I would like to nominate my long suffering partner Lisa. She has put up with me, through me being diagnosed with COPD, high blood pressure and now type 2. She worries constantly, even when she is ill herself. She puts Maya, (my step daughter), myself and our dog Tess first, all while running her own business. She listens to her friends problems, and always has time for other people. She is an angel who deserves a special mention. X

Reactions: 8 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I would like to nominate my long suffering partner Lisa. She has put up with me, through me being diagnosed with COPD, high blood pressure and now type 2. She worries constantly, even when she is ill herself. She puts Maya, (my step daughter), myself and our dog Tess first, all while running her own business. She listens to her friends problems, and always has time for other people. She is an angel who deserves a special mention. X

You are blessed

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My lovely family, (mr Pipp, junior miss and mr Pipp and their respective partners) they have made such a lovely week away together to celebrate with me a milestone birthday. Ok so the senior Pipps paid, but they all got on so well, and we laughed a lot together. Made me realise what a charmed life I have, despite the health impairments.

M

mrspuddleduck

May sound strange but can I nominate my dog. I've had the week from hell (change in meds causing nasty frequent hypos) so have locked myself away to recover. My beautiful hound hasn't left my side.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think dogs should get an automatic entry - but I'm afraid I have to insist on pictures.

Here are mine:

Don't usually 'dress' them up, but blimey, it was cold that day.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think dogs should get an automatic entry - but I'm afraid I have to insist on pictures.

Here are mine:

Don't usually 'dress' them up, but blimey, it was cold that day.
Is that a hot cup of tea they have there?
People who are responsible dog owners / servants deserve to be in here.