1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Room 010 (NOT like the TV prog)

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by satindoll, Aug 25, 2014.

1. chris lowe

chris lowe · Guest

What a little cutie!

2. chris lowe

chris lowe · Guest

Don't mention tooth fillings!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

if I had not have been in the land of no wifi most of the time, I would have told you about the walnut whip, without the need to resort to internet searching. those of us of a certain age will remeber them so well. those of us of a certain age who loved the coffee ones as their very favourite treat ever will know that there was a thick base with a walnut in the deep chocolate, a fondant coffee cream in the middle and a walnut half on the top of the thick swirl cone of chocolate. Also all the chocolate cone shapes were individually piped out, so no two were identical shapes. Unlike the modern day ones that are all moulded in a machine. They can no longer put the walnut in the base because the way they are manufactured means that they are in a cup mould, and so upside down, so the base at that stage is the top that they pit on after the fondant cream goes in, so would sink.

Now would it be possible for me to have a short break in 010? I have been drooling on the keyboard as I type, and could do with a rest in the spa with a nice cup of creamy coffee in order to recover from the nostalgic craving for a ruddy coffee walnut whip.

Not allowed in? Ah well, another glass of Merlot out here will have to suffice then.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Of course you can - the coffee machine is always on!

Did you have a good time in wherever-it-was? I've missed you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. connie104

connie104 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1410069729.710491.jpg
    A friend sent me this and it's so true !

• Like Like x 2
  6. Brunneria

Staff Member

Holidays should be in 010.

All holidays, all the time. They're fab.

It's just a pity they end. So we should keep them, perfectly preserved in all their sunny, warm, relaxed glory, so that we can re-experience them whenever possible.

7. Brunneria

Staff Member

And waking up without the need for an alarm.

What bliss.

I have no desire to wish my life away, but one of the things I will enjoy most about retirement will be attaching the alarm clock to a helium balloon, and sending it off into the upper atmosphere.

Only 20 more years til I get to do that. And counting...

8. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Yup, have to say it is pretty good to ditch the clock. Especially on cold dark mornings.

You had a good hol then?

9. Brunneria

Staff Member

Having a great time - til Friday.
    But the countdown to reality has begun...

I'm trying to appreciate every milisecond!

10. satindoll

satindoll Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My friendly Dr's receptionist, who changed my flu jab appointment from some ridiculously early time to something sensible for me without having to be asked as she knows I don't do mornings then let me know before the letter came, bless her.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I would like my two friends to have a bit of a break in 010. We have been friends since we started secondary school, nearly 50 years ago, and have never, ever, fallen out, or even got peed off with each other.
    We meet regularly, and over the years have evolved from drinking dancing and raucous late nights, to being happy with a cuppa served by Mr Pipp, and a good old natter. We have shared life's milestones, and joys and sorrows.

They deserve a break, for putting up with me; and for caring for elderly relatives; working very hard, and rearing wonderful families. And just for being genuinely nice people.

Enduring friendships are precious.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

The health trainer, who despite not being clinically trained, has been most helpful, realistic and honest about my health difficulties. Unlike the 'medical professionals' who are tickers of boxes.

• Like Like x 3
  13. JTL

JTL Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You've done it now!
    I'm going to have to buy a walnut whip first thing in the morning and slowy take it apart with my teeth and tongue and should it spike my sugars ... well be it on your head!

14. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Don't do it!

The modern ones are nowhere near as good as the original ones. Absolute garbage!

15. JTL

Yikes that was close!
    I was pondering getting in the car and going get one now.
    you saved us both in the nick of time.

16. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Good! But if I had a time machine I would travel back to early 1960s and buy a crate of them to share, occasionally, with those of us who can manage a bit of a carb fest.
    Alas, I would probably scoff the lot in one go. Just to save you all from a nasty carb spike, you understand. I would make that sacrifice. Especially if they were the coffee flavoured ones.

17. JTL

You're doing it again!!!!!

18. JTL

I never had a sweet tooth never did chocolate but there are always the exceptions to the rule like jelly babies and walnut whips ... I might take a valium.

19. satindoll

satindoll Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Smarties and Cadburys Chocolate Buttons. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

20. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Nooo! They should be in 101. Poison!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook