driving lorries using insulin

smurph12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey smurph12 here! I would really like to know if another diabetic lorry driver might have knowledge concerning what happens to the licence if i have to switch to insulin.do I surrender my licence and for how long.can i still drive when I start taking the insulin or do I have to wait until my system has come to terms with the insulin.hope someone can help me out. thank you

denbo

Hey smurph12 here! I would really like to know if another diabetic lorry driver might have knowledge concerning what happens to the licence if i have to switch to insulin.do I surrender my licence and for how long.can i still drive when I start taking the insulin or do I have to wait until my system has come to terms with the insulin.hope someone can help me out. thank you
Yes u av to send yr licence back if u go on insulin the DVLA will send u forms u will av to av a Bayer contour to record your blood sugsrs as the DVLA independant consultant needs 3 mths readings u av go go yr go for them go fill medical form in that's cost £200 then u av to go c yr own consultant to fill forms in eye test then u go c DVLA independant consultant this all takes time took me 10 mths first time round good luck

denbo

Yes u av to send yr licence back if u go on insulin the DVLA will send u forms u will av to av a Bayer contour to record your blood sugsrs as the DVLA independant consultant needs 3 mths readings u av go go yr go for them go fill medical form in that's cost £200 then u av to go c yr own consultant to fill forms in eye test then u go c DVLA independant consultant this all takes time took me 10 mths first time round good luck
£100 sorry

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I told the DVLA that I had started on Insulin....filled in a form sent it off they got in touch with my Doctors for information then they did send me a 3 year lisence which will need renewing next year grrrrr

smurph12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's different if your a car driver it's every 12 mths if yr a hgv driver
Yes i need to look into this. thank you
I told the DVLA that I had started on Insulin....filled in a form sent it off they got in touch with my Doctors for information then they did send me a 3 year lisence which will need renewing next year grrrrr
Well hopefully the same rule applies here in N.Ireland. Happy days if it's that simple.Things like the weather is more contrary here! thanks alot

denbo

Yes i need to look into this. thank you

Well hopefully the same rule applies here in N.Ireland. Happy days if it's that simple.Things like the weather is more contrary here! thanks alot
It's not that it's simple the DVLA just take their time took me 10 mths get my licence bk first

Cherokee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What happens if you drive a vehicle over 3.5 ton but under 7.5ton. Type2 with insulin?