Did anyone watch Jonathan Ross show

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I've just watched it on catch up. I thought it was quite funny - "in the diabetic trenches" :D If anything, it has taught the audience that diabetes does not affect all fat people (as Johnny points out) and also there are different types of diabetes (as James point out). I was not offended at all.

Reactions: 13 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Lol. I have a differed perspective on JR. Sure he's made a couple of judgment errors. (Haven't we all.!?) but he holds the "chat show" format together quite tight, whilst making it seem informal & impromptu. I feel there is a reasonable generosity with his guests.. Essentially these shows are just a vehicle to sell an artists new book/TV show/film/tour/album/play... ;)

That's fine Jaylee,we all have our dislikes and likes, but I really don't think anyone will ever bend my shell like to make me view Mr JR differently:wacky: There used to be some good chat shows about, but I wouldn't put Mr JR up there with any of them :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people

Milne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It was cringe worthy.....James had to point out there are actually 2 types...before being quickly scripted back on to his work...which to be honest he was there to talk about!
Uncomfortable and awkward!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's fine Jaylee,we all have our dislikes and likes, but I really don't think anyone will ever bend my shell like to make me view Mr JR differently:wacky: There used to be some good chat shows about, but I wouldn't put Mr JR up there with any of them :rolleyes:

No "bending" intended.. I'm quite partial to a bit of Parkinson or Wogan.
JR comes from the same "anarchic" boundary pushing TV broadcasting background as Chris Tarrant. From back in the day. Show up for "work" hungover & ave a laugh with the rest of the viewing/listening nation. (My generation.) :D
I'm not calling for JR to be knighted..

In fairness it was Ross's guest Vagas's comment that is in question... ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
No "bending" intended.. I'm quite partial to a bit of Parkinson or Wogan.
JR comes from the same "anarchic" boundary pushing TV broadcasting background as Chris Tarrant. From back in the day. Show up for "work" hungover & ave a laugh with the rest of the viewing/listening nation. (My generation.) :D
I'm not calling for JR to be knighted..

In fairness it was Ross's guest Vagas's comment that is in question... ;)

Yes I know the thread wasn't intentionally about Mr JR himself, but as the OP had his name in the title, I responded that I didn't see it, because of.................... well, you know the rest :cool:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Does anyone have a link to the show, as I never watch programme's on the computer, thank you in advance ?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I know the thread wasn't intentionally about Mr JR himself, but as the OP had his name in the title, I responded that I didn't see it, because of.................... well, you know the rest :cool:

I quite understand... :cool: If anything "happens" to JR though? You would be picked up with a strong motive.! o_O;):D

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I never saw the show but I do think that some can be a bit oversensitive about diabetes sometimes. It sounds like he was only saying what people who don't have diabetes think, he was presumed to have diabetes because he is fat, How many of us here I wonder thought that before we were diagnosed.
I was gobsmacked when I was found to have raised blood sugar a few years ago and subsequently diagnosed T2 some time later. I said to my doctor at the time "but I am not overweight never have been and I have never had a bad fast/junk food diet or eaten loads of chocolate and drunk gallons of Coke and no family history because that is what I thought caused it. She said admittedly the majority of patients with T2 she saw were overweight but anyone like me could get diabetes when there was no obvious reason. I still tend to look at overweight people and wonder if they have it

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I never saw the show but I do think that some can be a bit oversensitive about diabetes sometimes. It sounds like he was only saying what people who don't have diabetes think, he was presumed to have diabetes because he is fat, How many of us here I wonder thought that before we were diagnosed.
I was gobsmacked when I was found to have raised blood sugar a few years ago and subsequently diagnosed T2 some time later. I said to my doctor at the time "but I am not overweight never have been and I have never had a bad fast/junk food diet or eaten loads of chocolate and drunk gallons of Coke and no family history because that is what I thought caused it. She said admittedly the majority of patients with T2 she saw were overweight but anyone like me could get diabetes when there was no obvious reason. I still tend to look at overweight people and wonder if they have it
I am type one and 23 years of age I never tell anyone I have diabetes not even people in my work! Because most people think you get diabetes from being fat or eating to much sugar because of the media! I find it embarrassing and makes me hate having it even more

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I am totally ragging I was just watching the Jonathan Ross show, Johnny Vegas was on mocking diabetes! How fat people get it and eating sugar this highly offended me! I have complained to ofcom am I over reacting?
Over reacting? NO! It's much easier to ignore when you remind yourself that these are people without much in the way of brains. By brains I mean the sort of brains that would make you realise, maybe you're next. Their arrogance at thinking that they are immune dictates that I will be the first to laugh my socks off when either one gets their diagnosis.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I am type one and 23 years of age I never tell anyone I have diabetes not even people in my work! Because most people think you get diabetes from being fat or eating to much sugar because of the media! I find it embarrassing and makes me hate having it even more

Never be ashamed of diabetes @dmcx3x, just give people a quick sharp message back and hold your head up high. I mentioned that I had type 1 because an eldery gentleman was talking to me at the free from aisle in Morrisons and asked why I look at the carb content, he didn't bat an eyelid.

Those that matter wont mind and those mind, don't matter..................

Reactions: 6 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just watched it on catch up. I thought it was quite funny - "in the diabetic trenches" :D If anything, it has taught the audience that diabetes does not affect all fat people (as Johnny points out) and also there are different types of diabetes (as James point out). I was not offended at all.

I would agree.. (Though not a massive fan of Vagas.) The subject came up & JR's earpiece buzzed from the production/research team.. To which it was settled within the time constraints of the show's format of "plugging" careers..

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I quite understand... :cool: If anything "happens" to JR though? You would be picked up with a strong motive.! o_O;):D

I'm sure I would be in a very long queue Jaylee, so by the time I got there, It would be over and done with, hypothetically speaking of course.:rolleyes:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sure I would be in a very long queue Jaylee, so by the time I got there, It would be over and done with, hypothetically speaking of course.:rolleyes:
You know he'd come back in the shower for round 2...?!! Lol :p

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for the link :), I have just watched the Diabetes Show,:rolleyes: with jonny Vegas. I wasn't overly offended, but James Norton was cut off when he said there are two types and then a TV break, but didn't want to watch anymore after that.
I know! It did **** me off a good bit I just get so easily offended when people try **** of diabetes no need for it I remember one time I don't my insulin on the bus and someone got up started shouting and stuff in my face because of it since then a get so annoyed x

M

mrspuddleduck

Over reacting? NO! It's much easier to ignore when you remind yourself that these are people without much in the way of brains. By brains I mean the sort of brains that would make you realise, maybe you're next. Their arrogance at thinking that they are immune dictates that I will be the first to laugh my socks off when either one gets their diagnosis.

I could never wish diabetes on anyone ever, regardless of who they were or my feelings towards them. Surely rising above ignorance and education is far more effective than spite and vengeance?

Reactions: 4 people