Type 2 What are Injectables?

Yetiandy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HI everyone, on a recent visit to the Doctors they recommended Injectables once a week and not insulin, I have never heard of this before?
My blood sugar has been high for a year now long term bloods are around 95 whatever they are called, fasting blood is 20.
I take Metformin twice a day 1000mg, Gliclazide sr 120mg once a day but its still high.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Weekly injectables such as Victoza and others alter the way the bowels work and help the body remove excess glucose. What sort of diet do you have? Diet is usually the first port of call to help control blood sugar.

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi ,just hang around don,t go away , in the mean time browse the lowcarb forum as there will forum members coming along to give you great advice on how to get better control of you diabetes as for me I used the lowcarb diet to lower my BG to healthy levels,

Yetiandy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. Weekly injectables such as Victoza and others alter the way the bowels work and help the body remove excess glucose. What sort of diet do you have? Diet is usually the first port of call to help control blood sugar.
My diet was poor but now it's much better, no cereal , no chocolate , no sweet stuff of any sort.
I suffer terribly with Psychotic depression which affects how I eat and do things, I was drinking 40/50 pints a week now it's around 10 a week.
I'll search the net for Victoza see what it does thanks

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My diet was poor but now it's much better, no cereal , no chocolate , no sweet stuff of any sort.
I suffer terribly with Psychotic depression which affects how I eat and do things, I was drinking 40/50 pints a week now it's around 10 a week.
I'll search the net for Victoza see what it does thanks
Hi and thanks. Sounds like you are now working on reduced carbs which is great. Hopefully the future looks brighter for you.