Some recipes you might like

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I subscribe to a daily email from spiralized.com - it isn't vegetarian but this month they are doing the whole month vegan so it may be worth a look - today's recipe is pulled "pork" made with jack fruit (not sure it's available in the UK - not even too sure what it is lol) it isn't always very low carb but the recipes can be tweaked very easily I find.

http://inspiralized.com/blog/

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I subscribe to a daily email from spiralized.com - it isn't vegetarian but this month they are doing the whole month vegan so it may be worth a look - today's recipe is pulled "pork" made with jack fruit (not sure it's available in the UK - not even too sure what it is lol) it isn't always very low carb but the recipes can be tweaked very easily I find.

http://inspiralized.com/blog/

On the question of jackfruit; where I am currently in the Tropics, something very similar would be called Soursop. They are about smallish (vary a lot) honeydew melon size, and soursop has large black seeds embeddedin the flesh, which I don't see on the sprialiser pics. In UK, the nearest we have found to the soursop texture and flavour is the Cherimoya, affectionately known as the Custard Apple. ASDA sell Cherimoya in packs of 2 or 3, depending on the size of the particular fruits. Cherimoya are more the size of a decent eating apple than a melon, and also have proportionately sized black seeds.

I can see how the fruit texture would work in this, but it would be critical to add enough flavours and seasoning as in its natural state, it has a sweet taste when ripe. Alternatively, they could probably used from a not-quite-ripe state to be less sweet.

I hope that helps.

Soursop and Cherimoya make beautiful pulp, which can be used in frozen Dacquiri, of a warm evening. Just sayin'.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
will keep an eye on the months recipe suggestions, thank you