New! Still settling

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone!

I'm Chloe. I'm 24 and I was diagnosed with Type 1 in July of last year (So I'm coming up on my first diaversery!).

Anyway, I signed up because I've been finding myself feeling a little more alone internally due to not knowing any other type 1s. I guess I'm mostly here to try and make a few friends! I think getting to talk to more people who also have type 1 might encourage me to improve my control.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@chloegeek - Hello and Welcome to the Forum. If you are interested? Go to the top of the page and click on Forums, then scroll down and you will come to: Teens, Young Adult threads - hope this is of some help.:)

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @chloegeek , welcome to the forum, loads of friendly T1s on here. How are you getting on with it all? Any questions, about anything at all, just ask and there's always someone to give you advice on here.

Reactions: 2 people

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Garr Thank you! ^=^ I think I'm getting on with it okay so far. I think my honeymoon period is slowly fading which has got me a bit down in the dumps but I'm still pretty upbeat about it all I think!

@Clivethedrive Nice to meet you! I'm always happy to meet new people. n.n

@liam1955 I'm fairly sure that that is where I posted this! ^=^ I might be being silly though, I have a habit of doing that at times! Thank you for the help and greeting though!

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Always stay upbeat! Even when it goes a wee bit wrong, just shrug your shoulders and try to get it better next time. This forum makes it a lot easier as there's always someone to try and help.

Reactions: Amsjadee

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Garr I'm trying ^_^ And I think I'm managing, just pretty happy to have found my way on here. I don't know why I didn't think to check this place out and join sooner, I guess I've just been trying to behave as though I have been fine with everything. The gravity of this thing has been kind of settling in upon me these past few weeks.

Regardless! I am still pretty chipper and happy in general, hoping to control my levels again in the next few days!

Reactions: 6 people

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aye, it sneaks up on us sometimes.Have you read Think Like A Pancreas by Gary Scheiner? It really helped me get my head around everything. Still refer back to it every now and then especially when I need a good kick up the....I mean get back on track....

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aye, it sneaks up on us sometimes.Have you read Think Like A Pancreas by Gary Scheiner? It really helped me get my head around everything. Still refer back to it every now and then especially when I need a good kick up the....I mean get back on track....
That sounds like a really good idea. I'm going to pick up a copy really soon I think. Might actually buy one tonight. Excited to get a handle on this, it's been affecting my studies a bit of late ^=^

Reactions: 3 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........

mattmo86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Chloe,

How you getting on? I've had diabetes since I was 11, now 29, still struggle with it.

Hopefully getting long acting insulin changed this week to see if control improves with that.

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@chloegeek

1st off, Hi :D

2nd, you did the best thing ever joining the forum, the place is FULL of amazing people who will help you in any way they can!!

I have been type 1 for 25yrs, it gets easier but no 2 days are the same. :(

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been getting that impression over the months. I was fairly well controlled for my first few months but things seem to be getting increasingly difficult. I'm assuming it's because my honeymoon is coming to an end.

@mattmo86 I hope that does make a difference for you ^=^ I can totally see how long acting not working right could cause a lot of problems.

@MH2010 And hi to you too! :D I am super glad I've joined up. Mostly just excited to get to meet new people! Advice is also super welcome when I come across it though.

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning @chloegeek

I'm 24 too and have had T1 for just under 20 years :)

I'm new to this group too but have settled right in!

I'm always around to chat (was in bed early last night though!)

How are you controlling your diabetes at the moment?

Claire x

Reactions: 5 people

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning @chloegeek

I'm 24 too and have had T1 for just under 20 years :)

I'm new to this group too but have settled right in!

I'm always around to chat (was in bed early last night though!)

How are you controlling your diabetes at the moment?

Claire x
Hi Claire, nice to meet ya ^=^

I guess badly is the best way to describe how I'm controlling *Chuckles* But in all seriousness, I'm using Lantus as long acting (About 8 Units in the morning) and then I'm using Apidra before meals and for bringing myself down if I get too high.

I just tested before writing this and I've woken up around 11mmol. I'm really struggling to keep things down at the moment and I'm not really sure what I need to do. I'm guessing I might need to up my long acting but I might just be getting sick? I get sick a lot v.v

mattmo86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been slowly upping my long acting over the last few weeks, 15 units a day did nothing while I was on holiday last week, but 16 I'm taking now, has left me around 4 all last night when I was back at work. I've used Lantus for ten years now am pretty sure it no longer works for me. I'm 4.8 now and shaking as if I was much lower, waiting for the lucozade to kick in a nd bring me up a bit.

I'm hoping that

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been slowly upping my long acting over the last few weeks, 15 units a day did nothing while I was on holiday last week, but 16 I'm taking now, has left me around 4 all last night when I was back at work. I've used Lantus for ten years now am pretty sure it no longer works for me. I'm 4.8 now and shaking as if I was much lower, waiting for the lucozade to kick in a nd bring me up a bit.

I'm hoping that
Ouch. That really sucks. Hope the drink kicks in soon sweetie! I haven't gone low in a while but I'm fairly sure it's because I'm constantly high at the moment.

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
Hi everyone!

I'm Chloe. I'm 24 and I was diagnosed with Type 1 in July of last year (So I'm coming up on my first diaversery!).

Anyway, I signed up because I've been finding myself feeling a little more alone internally due to not knowing any other type 1s. I guess I'm mostly here to try and make a few friends! I think getting to talk to more people who also have type 1 might encourage me to improve my control.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Hi :) I also was diagnosed last year and was told about this site,the info you get on here is amazing tbh,I've learn't alot from here so you've done the right thing signing up :)

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi :) I also was diagnosed last year and was told about this site,the info you get on here is amazing tbh,I've learn't alot from here so you've done the right thing signing up :)
Thanks! It does seem like a great place so far, and I have already learnt loads just from the couple of hours I've spent browsing around. Hopefully I get enough confidence to post more often in other places on the forum.

Reactions: 3 people