Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
4.6 this morning after 10 hour fasting. :) :) :)
Maybe delayed alcohol affect. My system is very slow, always has been.
Vodka saturday night for birthday weekend.

Reactions: 21 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
fbg 4.9 this morning after I treated myself to a small serving of a local specialty ice cream yesterday- very happy :joyful:
@Chris Thailand your dizzy spell sounds worrying, I've been having blood pressure problems which cause them, it might be interesting to check your blood pressure and blood sugar during / immediately after any further incidents. Good luck with it!

Reactions: 17 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
In the low 4s all last week but up to 5 this morning after a weekend away at the beach. Did have an episode last week that after a 4.2 morning reading and a breakfast of eggs I experienced an extreme instance of giddy, uncontrollable spinning head and sweating that sat me straight down on my bottom holding onto the floor in case I fell off! I'm on two 500 metformin a day. This has scared me a little about driving as it just came on with no warning and there was little I could do about it. 10 minutes later it passed and I got up and carried on at my job. Any ideas?
@Chris Thailand have you had your blood pressure checked? On lchf diet it can bring your blood pressure down. Because you had food after 4.2 I'd like to guess blood pressure rather than a hypo especially since you didn't treat a hypo for it to stop. Do you take meds for heart or blood pressure?

Reactions: 6 people