Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all, 6 this morning [ Monday ] 5.1 at 9pm last night before dinner ate later than usual at 9.30pm

Reactions: 25 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning. Just about hanging in the 5's! Girlie morning today :). Have a nice day all! :smug:

Reactions: 27 people

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
5.2 @07.50

Have been to the GP for blood test results this morning. Cholesterol 5.4, ratio HDL:LDL not good, wanted me to start statins, but managed to put that off until my first diabetic follow up in May. On a more positive note, my mysterious dropping platelets have returned to normal, so no need to check for 6 months and my random glucose came back at 5.2, which is brilliant considering it was over 15 at diagnosis, only a month ago. Onwards and upwards :D

Reactions: 19 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 at 10.25; decided to keep on fasting for a bit and ended up with 7.0 at 2.45pm when I had a late brunch.. Following current trend I should go back down with post meal test.

Robbity

Reactions: 30 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Through night x
Maybe too much carb in correction?
Others are finding protein kick carrying them along til dawn. Avoiding liver dump too.
Be careful thou. Experiment with a little less carb and then adjust again if necessary.
I've made the same mistake recently so I did protein instead with a teaspoon of chocolate spread. It was spot on.
Think it through first as if you're anything like me I panic when I get hypo shakes.

Reactions: 6 people

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Hi @eldergarth do you get your 8 hrs sleep? It might go lower if you get full rest. I'm only guessing thou. Good luck. :)
hi @ickihun not had a goods night sleep since diagnoses been getting pains in legs and feet and think my meds need changing as have always been high BS levels first thing got my meds review this Wednesday so hopefully get things sorted

Reactions: 8 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Morning All

Reactions: 15 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Maybe too much carb in correction?
Others are finding protein kick carrying them along til dawn. Avoiding liver dump too.
Be careful thou. Experiment with a little less carb and then adjust again if necessary.
I've made the same mistake recently so I did protein instead with a teaspoon of chocolate spread. It was spot on.
Think it through first as if you're anything like me I panic when I get hypo shakes.
When I went hypo a guzzled a small bottle of lucozade like you say you panic and I do too, the DAFNE course instilled into me not to panic and to drink a third of a small bottle of lucozade (not the lot) to treat hypo - this I did and it got me up into range unlike when I guzzled the full bottle I went soaring into the teens

Reactions: 4 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I went hypo a guzzled a small bottle of lucozade like you say you panic and I do too, the DAFNE course instilled into me not to panic and to drink a third of a small bottle of lucozade (not the lot) to treat hypo - this I did and it got me up into range unlike when I guzzled the full bottle I went soaring into the teens
Everyone's different but I was told to drink lucosade but just a little sent me very high, then I was told about jelly babies which I always carry now, I find them great and easy to carry being small. Good luck hope you didn't mind me saying

Reactions: 2 people

snidge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
exercise, winter driving, waiting (for anything)
Did you have a snack before you went go bed? Your pancreas and liver need something to work on when your asleep, otherwise you will have a liver dump known also as dawn phenomenon. I find healthy grazing and exercise during the day is good, it keeps things ticking over and avoids large sugar spikes throughout the day. ;)
I have dawn phenomenon bigtime! What snacks before bed do you recommend? I can wake up with 9's and 11's some days. Help!

Reactions: 4 people