Type 1s: What Is/was Your Blood Sugar This Evening And This Morning ?

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
3.8 at midnight ( plus 20 grams fruit pastilles )

awoke at 6am on a 2.2 ( 200ml orange juice) back to bed
and awoke at 8:05am ( very late for me ) on a 2.3:eek:

more orange juice and chocolate:oops:
Ouch...hope you feel better soon x

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning, 8.7 last night and 11.3 this morning, grrrr :mad:

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
4.2 before bed, slice of toast, bolused for 10g and have 10 free. Came up to 6.4 before sleep. Woke at 3.40 with. 3.0! Treated with lucazade and -50%temp basal for 1hr. Woke at 5.4
Think the hypo was due to diy all day yesterday and not finishing till late last night!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
4.3 last night
2.1 this morning
deffo a new pattern in the AM these past few days
basal testing starts tonight o_O

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.6 last night (and half a jelly baby to nudge it in the right direction)
6.2 this morning :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
9.2 before bed, 11.6 this morning, Libre showed a nice steady rise through the night :meh:

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Stayed up till 4 trying to stabilise my BG (too high early in the night, dropping too fast later on)
Fell asleep just after 4 AM at 6.9 and woke up at 9.4 ^_^ So feeling pretty okay about how today is going.

@slip That sucks ^^; I'm sure you'll get it back down soon enough~

@Natalie1974 Awesome! That sounds like a great night~

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.7 going to bed, 3.1 waking. I woke up with really dry mouth & desperate for a wee so was convinced it was going to be high on testing. Obviously not. Fine, I will put the CGM back on this morning then - was enjoying a couple of days with nothing bleeping at me, but clearly I do need it bleeping at me.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
was irritatingly high all evening yesterday ( 8's and 9's ) but finally hit 7.6 at 11:30pm and bed time
got up for basal at 1am ( 7.7) and 3am ( 9.8 ggrrrr!! ) so a 3.3u correction and a waking BG of 6.5 at 7am

this is much more like my normal pattern so who knows where the 2.2's from the last 2 mornings came from :eek:

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fell asleep at 8.3 woke up at 9.6

I've been super worried about going low whilst I'm asleep so I guess I'm running a little hot. Going to not correct my waking BG and see what it does through the rest of the morning. (Learning! *Thumbs up*)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Fell asleep at 8.3 woke up at 9.6

I've been super worried about going low whilst I'm asleep so I guess I'm running a little hot. Going to not correct my waking BG and see what it does through the rest of the morning. (Learning! *Thumbs up*)
obviously you know you the very best :) - i would not be happy to leave a 9.6 uncorrected
do take care and extra tests this morning please :)

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
obviously you know you the very best :) - i would not be happy to leave a 9.6 uncorrected
do take care and extra tests this morning please :)
Thanks ^=^ Uhm. 9.6 seems to be about average for me these past couple of weeks and I'm trying to figure out why. I also seem to be super sensitive to insulin still too. So a correcting dose of one unit might push me a tiny bit too low and then I won't be able to drive in to an appointment I have at uni. I also seem to scrub about 1-2mmol over the hour after I wake up so I might be 7 by the time I hit uni! Thanks for your concern though ^=^

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
4.8 this morning, higher last night so a correction of 1/2 unit has helped bring it down. Something is going on with my eye, woke up to a painful left eye yesterday and it's getting worse, a little swollen, very watery, hurts in sunlight ( no I'm not a vampire lol) so painful, water is running down my cheek now. Will make an appointment with a GP, as this is the good eye !! Take care

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks ^=^ Uhm. 9.6 seems to be about average for me these past couple of weeks and I'm trying to figure out why. I also seem to be super sensitive to insulin still too. So a correcting dose of one unit might push me a tiny bit too low and then I won't be able to drive in to an appointment I have at uni. I also seem to scrub about 1-2mmol over the hour after I wake up so I might be 7 by the time I hit uni! Thanks for your concern though ^=^

I agree with the1 unit, correction, I am sensitive too, I have a 1/2 unit echo pen now, as my other 1/2 unit pen is no longer in use. My DSN gave me two pens, good luck :)

Reactions: 3 people

SRO

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up to 17.7 this morning!
I'm going Low carb from tomorrow - 60g max per day (medium carb?) at set points through the day to monitor my levels!
I need to see single figures soon!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I agree with the1 unit, correction, I am sensitive too, I have a 1/2 unit echo pen now, as my other 1/2 unit pen is no longer in use. My DSN gave me two pens, good luck :)
funnily enough RRB -- my very next words were going to be to @chloegeek -- have you looked into possibly asking your DSN about a 1/2 unit pen !!:)

oww !! your eye sounds painful -- do get seen for it ASAP - i always do when mine give me any trouble --.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
funnily enough RRB -- my very next words were going to be to @chloegeek -- have you looked into possibly asking your DSN about a 1/2 unit pen !!:)

oww !! your eye sounds painful -- do get seen for it ASAP - i always do when mine give me any trouble --.

Thank you, I am number 14 in the call queue :wideyed: