1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1s: What Is/was Your Blood Sugar This Evening And This Morning ?

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Stav, Mar 8, 2016.

1. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It's because @smc4761 is a ..........wait for it............TYPE 1 DIABETIC. That's all you need to know;););)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

3.3 last night at 11pm before bed.... and 4.4 at 5am - needless to say I am shattered this evening :hungover:

• Hug Hug x 2
  3. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@smc4761 It's a very good question, one which I think a lot of us ask ourselves, me for one yesterday when I woke up to a stonking 13.4
    Shake head again this morning 5.1 and I had rice for supper. I've got a little sneaky feeling growing that if I eat some real carb, you know the white stuff, it might actually give a lower number. But that's not logical is it?

4. Wurst

Wurst Type 1 · Well-Known Member

5.5 mmol before bed , 4.9 waking up. Libre showed I was LO most of the night so must have been lying on it. 99.9 % of the time I wake up if I go too low or high during sleep.

5. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

9.3 at bedtime, so corrected aggressively as I’m really insulin resistant this week. Woke at 2am with a 9.7 so corrected again! Woke at 7 with a 6.4, so have had more NovoSluggish to hopefully stop it rising, as it’s prone to do in the morning.

6. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I had rice too, however I was 4.6 before bed (I did have a 8g carb biscuit), 9.6 this morning - who said T1D was logical?!
    (actually I think my scores were fairly logical)

7. Wurst

Wurst Type 1 · Well-Known Member

9.7 mmol going to bed (Watching England always spikes me) and 4.9 mmol on waking

8. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Last night I went to bed late, checked and BG was 4.2. i don't like to go to bed so low so had 10g of naughty carbs... A packet of Wotsits and waited till it rose to 5.6.

Is everyone as cautious?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook