Type 1s: What Is/was Your Blood Sugar This Evening And This Morning ?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
3.3 last night at 11pm before bed.... and 4.4 at 5am - needless to say I am shattered this evening :hungover:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
After being diabetic for over 35 years its only really in last few years I have started to put in effort. getting a Libre last week has also helped my resolve to be better. Also switched to a fairly low carb diet.

So most nights stop eating around 7.30 pm bed at 10.30 with BG of around 6 and staying steady most of the night with BG next morning coming in around 5 to around 8.

What frustrates me and probably many on here is there is no consistency with my figures a lot of time. can go to bed at 6 wake up at 3am with a 3, other times go to bed with a 6 wake up with a 10

WHY?????????
@smc4761 It's a very good question, one which I think a lot of us ask ourselves, me for one yesterday when I woke up to a stonking 13.4
Shake head again this morning 5.1 and I had rice for supper. I've got a little sneaky feeling growing that if I eat some real carb, you know the white stuff, it might actually give a lower number. But that's not logical is it?

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
5.5 mmol before bed , 4.9 waking up. Libre showed I was LO most of the night so must have been lying on it. 99.9 % of the time I wake up if I go too low or high during sleep.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
9.3 at bedtime, so corrected aggressively as I’m really insulin resistant this week. Woke at 2am with a 9.7 so corrected again! Woke at 7 with a 6.4, so have had more NovoSluggish to hopefully stop it rising, as it’s prone to do in the morning.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Shake head again this morning 5.1 and I had rice for supper

I had rice too, however I was 4.6 before bed (I did have a 8g carb biscuit), 9.6 this morning - who said T1D was logical?!
(actually I think my scores were fairly logical)

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
9.7 mmol going to bed (Watching England always spikes me) and 4.9 mmol on waking

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Last night I went to bed late, checked and BG was 4.2. i don't like to go to bed so low so had 10g of naughty carbs... A packet of Wotsits and waited till it rose to 5.6.

Is everyone as cautious?