Type 1s: What Is/was Your Blood Sugar This Evening And This Morning ?

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
funnily enough RRB -- my very next words were going to be to @chloegeek -- have you looked into possibly asking your DSN about a 1/2 unit pen !!:)

oww !! your eye sounds painful -- do get seen for it ASAP - i always do when mine give me any trouble --.
I do have a half unit pen ^=^ However the specifications say that you shouldn't give a half unit from it as it isn't accurate under 1 unit I believe. Which I was kinda like... Uh right? I might try give myself 1 unit anyway, I *Think* that will bring me down to about 6.

@Robinredbreast I hope all is okay with your eye! Rooting for you ^=^

Reactions: 2 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I do have a half unit pen ^=^ However the specifications say that you shouldn't give a half unit from it as it isn't accurate under 1 unit I believe. Which I was kinda like... Uh right? I might try give myself 1 unit anyway, I *Think* that will bring me down to about 6.

aww bless you hun :) -- you can't win - if you try the 1/2u and go low it's a booooo :( and not taking leaves you just hoping you will drop :(
well I am just rooting you on !!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

I took 1/2 unit last night and woke up on a 4.8, any more and it would of been very low, hypo) !! With diabetes, you can do the same thing all the time, but you wont get the same outcome, I call it the complicated diabetes fairy at work :rolleyes: Thank you, off to GP at 10.30.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 last night, 4.9 this morning. @chloegeek , I give myself a half unit for correction and it seems to be pretty accurate.

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 last night, 4.9 this morning. @chloegeek , I give myself a half unit for correction and it seems to be pretty accurate.
Just got to university and I'm at 11. Whelp! I'm going for a 2.5 correction. Wish me luck xD

And now off to a 2 hour long interviewy thing. This'll be fun.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Bed 5.4 and woke to 4.1, need to tweak my basal rate.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Bed 5.4 and woke to 4.1, need to tweak my basal rate.
that looks like perfection to me :) ( i know some will think it too low of a morning )

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
funnily enough RRB -- my very next words were going to be to @chloegeek -- have you looked into possibly asking your DSN about a 1/2 unit pen !!:)

oww !! your eye sounds painful -- do get seen for it ASAP - i always do when mine give me any trouble --.

Update on eye, nice GP phoned my local hospital's emergency eye clinic and I was seen at 1pm. Dr examined my eye and said there was a scratch, so I have been given a an ointment to apply 3 times a day for 5 days. No work today, but hopefully back to normal tomorrow.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
that looks like perfection to me :) ( i know some will think it too low of a morning )

The 4.1 is too low for me Paul, would prefer it to be 5 or above.

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope it went well.....
It did. Turns out I have Dyspraxia! ^=^ My BG has been pretty good as well. Sat at 5.6 for most of the day and only spiked to 9 after my lunch. Going to see what dinner did to me soon :)

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 at bed time...5.4 this morning and exceeding smug with it...I've so got that night time basal nailed...finally

Reactions: 10 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
5.8 last night and 4.2 this morning

:)