X-pert course updated to include LCHF

Bobby59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cabbage and most veg
I'm hardly trying to wind you up. You haven't said what effect of LCHF has been on your friend. You don't seem interested in discussing LCHF in a meaningful way, so I'll leave this thread as well.

I have.If you read all the posts may be you would be better informed.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
You have stated that it is a "starvation diet". Do you have the evidence to substantiate your claim? Please do share if you have.
It's pretty clear cut. Research and choose if you wish to follow it - if you don't feel safe with it, then don't. Those that do choose to follow it, and continue to do so, usually take that course after trying it and finding their blood glucose levels have dropped - which is the aim is it not?

The meter cannot lie, that is the evidence. If your friend is fanatical, that's his business.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear @Bobby59

"When I was first diagnosed I was given a booklet called "Advice for people newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes" I still have it. This booklet offers some advice on simple life style changes and dietary changes and at the back there is a section for useful contacts included in this list is Diabetes UK Cymru. Some one with in the NHS took a lot of time to put this booklet together and must of made 100% sure the advice given to be correct..For all it's flaws the NHS are doing a brilliant job considering how grossly underfunded it is and frankly I am getting a bit sick and tired of people putting OUR NHS down. When it is gone you'll sure as hell notice the difference. When you go into a hospital and before looking at you they ask you for your credit card."
Your statement

When I was first diagnosed I was seen by a diabetes nurse who told me that my condition was progressive and that I would end up injecting insulin.
I was not given a helpful booklet with sensible diet choices. Instead I thought I would do my own research and in doing so found this website and all the incredibly helpful and supportive people here. When I went back after a few months and saw the same nurse she was shocked and amazed at the change in my HbA1c results. However she was not in the slightest bit interested in how I had achieved these results which I found truly amazing.

This is the level of service given to Type 2 diabetics in YOUR NHS. We are advised to eat carbohydrate with every meal even though this is bad for us. We are prescribed drugs immediately without any mention of dietary changes because most of our healthcare professionals are either not interested in helping us to get better or are rewarded for getting us onto those medications.

So I am sick and tired of reading on these forums reports from people who have been deliberately misled by some healthcare professionals. I am bloody minded enough to have taken my own health issues into my on hands. Remember, your doctor does not have your Type 2 diabetes, you do. You should decide how you want to treat it. If you want to follow your handy NHS booklet then fell free to do so. However please butt out of trying to tell what I should and shouldn't know about something that I have probably researched as much if not more than you. I would also suggest that you stop pooh poohing advice you are being given by people who have firm control of their blood sugars.

You keep mentioning your "friend" who you have known for exactly 6 weeks. You have a sample size of one yet seem keen to build a hypothesis on this one example , hardly scientific. If you wish to follow your doctor's advice then please do so however we are adults and have made our own decisions not to do so. If you are really interested in learning about LCHF then read some of the threads on the success stories page and digest. If you still don't want to try it then don't, I don't give a ****. Your condition is exactly that YOUR condition, mine is mine and I have made my decision.

I think you are just here to have an argument like a typical "golf club bore" who talks over everyone and is unable to listen. If that is the case I will no longer play.

Regards

Reactions: 2 people

Bobby59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cabbage and most veg
You have stated that it is a "starvation diet". Do you have the evidence to substantiate your claim? Please do share if you have.
It's pretty clear cut. Research and choose if you wish to follow it - if you don't feel safe with it, then don't. Those that do choose to follow it, and continue to do so, usually take that course after trying it and finding their blood glucose levels have dropped - which is the aim is it not?

The meter cannot lie, that is the evidence. If your friend is fanatical, that's his business.

I got my new buddies height and weight and did a BMI calculation. It showed my newly found friend is currently almost a stone under weight.He is in his 60's, he has currently adopted a total carbs free life style which he feels is the right thing to do. This is how the diet can twist a persons mind into taking things to far. If to took as much time properly reading all the posts as you do in berating others then, you would have a more clear understanding of what is going on and what has been said. Thank you for your input. But sadly it did not help the discussion, but you are free to chip in any time you want. Again I Thank you

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got my new buddies height and weight and did a BMI calculation. It showed my newly found friend is currently almost a stone under weight.He is in his 60's, he has currently adopted a total carbs free life style which he feels is the right thing to do. This is how the diet can twist a persons mind into taking things to far. If to took as much time properly reading all the posts as you do in berating others then, you would have a more clear understanding of what is going on and what has been said. Thank you for your input. But sadly it did not help the discussion, but you are free to chip in any time you want. Again I Thank you
Okay, I'll bite. What were the figures then? :)

Bobby59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cabbage and most veg
Dear @Bobby59

"When I was first diagnosed I was given a booklet called "Advice for people newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes" I still have it. This booklet offers some advice on simple life style changes and dietary changes and at the back there is a section for useful contacts included in this list is Diabetes UK Cymru. Some one with in the NHS took a lot of time to put this booklet together and must of made 100% sure the advice given to be correct..For all it's flaws the NHS are doing a brilliant job considering how grossly underfunded it is and frankly I am getting a bit sick and tired of people putting OUR NHS down. When it is gone you'll sure as hell notice the difference. When you go into a hospital and before looking at you they ask you for your credit card."
Your statement

When I was first diagnosed I was seen by a diabetes nurse who told me that my condition was progressive and that I would end up injecting insulin.
I was not given a helpful booklet with sensible diet choices. Instead I thought I would do my own research and in doing so found this website and all the incredibly helpful and supportive people here. When I went back after a few months and saw the same nurse she was shocked and amazed at the change in my HbA1c results. However she was not in the slightest bit interested in how I had achieved these results which I found truly amazing.

This is the level of service given to Type 2 diabetics in YOUR NHS. We are advised to eat carbohydrate with every meal even though this is bad for us. We are prescribed drugs immediately without any mention of dietary changes because most of our healthcare professionals are either not interested in helping us to get better or are rewarded for getting us onto those medications.

So I am sick and tired of reading on these forums reports from people who have been deliberately misled by some healthcare professionals. I am bloody minded enough to have taken my own health issues into my on hands. Remember, your doctor does not have your Type 2 diabetes, you do. You should decide how you want to treat it. If you want to follow your handy NHS booklet then fell free to do so. However please butt out of trying to tell what I should and shouldn't know about something that I have probably researched as much if not more than you. I would also suggest that you stop pooh poohing advice you are being given by people who have firm control of their blood sugars.

You keep mentioning your "friend" who you have known for exactly 6 weeks. You have a sample size of one yet seem keen to build a hypothesis on this one example , hardly scientific. If you wish to follow your doctor's advice then please do so however we are adults and have made our own decisions not to do so. If you are really interested in learning about LCHF then read some of the threads on the success stories page and digest. If you still don't want to try it then don't, I don't give a ****. Your condition is exactly that YOUR condition, mine is mine and I have made my decision.

I think you are just here to have an argument like a typical "golf club bore" who talks over everyone and is unable to listen. If that is the case I will no longer play.

Regards

Why do you seem to tell your story in a manner which imply you are unarguably right and the rest of the world is wrong. As I said in the past doctors take an oath to first do no harm. I have not just stepped off the banana boat here I can see some of the menus and advice given to be well more than a bit incorrect. I am failing to see your problem with what I am saying to you. Forgive me but this is the second time you have said you will not say any more.

I got my new buddies height and weight and did a BMI calculation. It showed my newly found friend is currently almost a stone under weight.He is in his 60's, he has currently adopted a total carbs free life style which he feels is the right thing to do.I spoke to him showing him he is under weight and in his total fanatical belief that he is doing the right thing he told me to mind my own business. His situation has now I feel become one of complete anorexia.This is my friend how the diet can twist a persons mind into taking things to far. Thank You.

Bobby59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cabbage and most veg
Okay, I'll bite. What were the figures then? :)[/

I can no longer make comments about my ex newly found friend as he no longer wishes my company after I pointed out his being under weight and could be taking the diet to far.. As we parted company I wish him a hart felt good luck as he very angrily went his way ranting some thing about people not minding their own business. Strange he is the one telling every one who'll stand still long enough about the HFLC diet.

EDIT:- you can lead a person to a cup cake but you can not make them eat it.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

All people including non diabetic people can take a diet to far. I know of one gentleman in South Wales that was banned from Weightwatchers as he lost so much weight and he could not stop. He could not stop counting the pointS!

The majority of anorexics are not diabetics.

I also no of another elderly gent in Wales that got very, very ill by not eating any fat at all after he had stents put in his heart. Literally no fat... Only thing he ate was fruit and veg steamed....he had severe malnutition.

If people are prone to an addictive, tough nature to their personalities.. Addictive in the sense that they can become addicted to doing things to the extreme.. Well we are all individual-low carb does not make a no carb person. The persons personality does that...

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.

You're very welcome, it's been fun! Anyone else care for a bite? This thread may not be around for too long..;):D

Bobby59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cabbage and most veg
All people including non diabetic people can take a diet to far. I know of one gentleman in South Wales that was banned from Weightwatchers as he lost so much weight and he could not stop. He could not stop counting the pointS!

The majority of anorexics are not diabetics.

I also no of another elderly gent in Wales that got very, very ill by not eating any fat at all after he had stents put in his heart. Literally no fat... Only thing he ate was fruit and veg steamed....he had severe malnutition.

If people are prone to an addictive, tough nature to their personalities.. Addictive in the sense that they can become addicted to doing things to the extreme.. Well we are all individual-low carb does not make a no carb person. The persons personality does that...

I am so happy to see some one finally understanding my point Thank you so very much.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
When I attended the X-Pert diabetes course last year, after first having read Dr Bernstein and Judi Rhule, I was absolutely dismayed to be given the eatwell plate message and to basically be told to stuff yourself with carbs.

Today I attended an updated course which includes the LCHF diet as a suggested option for people.

About time.
Given that "X-PERT diabetes is usually delivered free through the NHS" (I took this from their web site), it would seem the NHS has found LCHF to be acceptable. It's too bad that there are doctors who do not know this and tell people that they shouldn't try LCHF.

Bobby59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cabbage and most veg
Given that "X-PERT diabetes is usually delivered free through the NHS" (I took this from their web site), it would seem the NHS has found LCHF to be acceptable. It's too bad that there are doctors who do not know this and tell people that they shouldn't try LCHF.

Some thing my wife just discovered. I hope you don't lose any sleep over it enjoy. According to this there is a personal weight that triggers Type two diabetes in people. For example lets say 16 stone is a weight that would trigger the onset of type two diabetes. So long as that person stays under that trigger weight they can live a normal life. The trigger weight would be different for each person. If this is correct then type two is no longer the life sentence is seemed to be. The thought of forever having to eat cabbage is to much to take.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hs-eradicate-disease.html?ito=social-facebook

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm sure you may realise, but others mightn't, that X-PERT is Trudi Deakin's business. The same Trudi Deakin as wrote "Eat Fat" and posted for a short while thereafter on this forum.

Some of our rested end members/posters have contributed to her data capture and presentation case studies.

I can't for the life of me recall her forum name though, or she could have a shout out.....

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Some thing my wife just discovered. I hope you don't lose any sleep over it enjoy. According to this there is a personal weight that triggers Type two diabetes in people. For example lets say 16 stone is a weight that would trigger the onset of type two diabetes. So long as that person stays under that trigger weight they can live a normal life. The trigger weight would be different for each person. If this is correct then type two is no longer the life sentence is seemed to be. The thought of forever having to eat cabbage is to much to take.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hs-eradicate-disease.html?ito=social-facebook
I've already reversed my diabetes a while ago on LCHF, so why would I lose sleep over this? You should ask your doctor about trying the 8 week low calorie diet. I can already guess his response.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I'm sure you may realise, but others mightn't, that X-PERT is Trudi Deakin's business. The same Trudi Deakin as wrote "Eat Fat" and posted for a short while thereafter on this forum.

Some of our rested end members/posters have contributed to her data capture and presentation case studies.

I can't for the life of me recall her forum name though, or she could have a shout out.....
Yes, I know. She is awesome. It's great that the NHS is ok with LCHF based on her work.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The NHS weren't ok with it in a conference that Dr Trudi Deakin went to in December last year... She got a lot of stick from some dietitians...
She is a fighter and I hope she is still fighting...

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The NHS weren't ok with it in a conference that Dr Trudi Deakin went to in December last year... She got a lot of stick from some dietitians...
She is a fighter and I hope she is still fighting...

If 'LCHF was presented as another option alongside HCLF and the 'Mediterranean' diet,'
giving it the same credence as HCLF doesn't really suggest she's entirely thrown herself into the idea with the NHS.
That's the problem with trying to keep a foot in both camps
An utter muddle at best, as at least two ideas seem to be directly contradictory.

Maybe she should be selling her book to attendees, or would that look bad?