ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
Hi,
I have had my Metformin changed to slow release. instead of having 2 twice a day they have changed it to 4 at night. Is this normal as I am a little anxious
I pump Hypurin porcine neutral.

Flakey Bake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Or even metformin!
Metformin can help type 1 who are insulin resistant, or those who have both type of diabetes (the dreaded double-diabetes). I take Metformin has really help me keep my BG more stable and reduce my insulin requirments.

Flakey Bake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I have had my Metformin changed to slow release. instead of having 2 twice a day they have changed it to 4 at night. Is this normal as I am a little anxious
I pump Hypurin porcine neutral.
I was on slow release metformin a while back and it was 2 tablets a day ( a total of 1 gram metformin SR, which was the maximum dose). I personally would check the amount of the amount of drug per tablet and read the instructions leaflet that comes in the pack. I would just check that 4 tablets is not more than maximum dose per day. However I am a worry wart about these things.

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
Or even metformin!
because people who are type one can develop insulin resistance just like the rest of society. It is mor elikely the longer you are on injections- so after 43 years it is quite normal for a type one.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya, I was also under the impression that metformin might also be be more common for type 1 ladies with PCOS, trying to get pregnant or already pregnant.

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
Hiya, I was also under the impression that metformin might also be be more common for type 1 ladies with PCOS, trying to get pregnant or already pregnant.
it is used for that for any people and not connected with diabetes treatment in that case.

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
I was on slow release metformin a while back and it was 2 tablets a day ( a total of 1 gram metformin SR, which was the maximum dose). I personally would check the amount of the amount of drug per tablet and read the instructions leaflet that comes in the pack. I would just check that 4 tablets is not more than maximum dose per day. However I am a worry wart about these things.
having checked- thanks the maximum dose is indeed 2000mg so the 4 tablets I have been put on. It is exactly the same as non SR but just all given at the same time. Is anyone else on this dose?

Reactions: 2 people

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
Or even metformin!

Hi Jane- are you on slow release and did it help?

I was on normal 2 3 times a day (which was recommended dose when I started). My new consutant changed me to twice a day as she said side effects were better and I noticed a massive change in blood sugars dropping 1000mg a day. Now I am going to SR as the stomach problems were too great as put on orlistat also. Hoping that I will be able to tolerate both.