New type 2

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi, I'm Anni. I was diagnosed early February. Have had a few weeks to get used to the idea and have sorted out a lower carb diet, but really miss bread and potatoes!

Reactions: 3 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Welcome to the forums @AnniB ,

Well done for getting started on the low carb diet. How are your BG numbers, are you monitoring at home?

@daisy1 will hopefully give you some useful info before too long.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@AnniB - Hello and Welcome to the Forum.:)

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
hi, I'm Anni. I was diagnosed early February. Have had a few weeks to get used to the idea and have sorted out a lower carb diet, but really miss bread and potatoes!
Hi I have been diagnosed a few years now but new to the forum everyone are so helpful and full of really good advice no question is too silly or too small xx

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @AnniB and welcome to the forum. Have a look at the post for the last couple of days on the , low carb- what have you eaten thread. Celeriac is really useful as a potato replacement. @debrasue has made anew recipe using it. Good luck. :)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi Anni Welcome to the forum you are in the best place here. Lots of friendly people who will give you lots of support and good advice, ask as many questions as you like, someone will always answer you:):)

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Apologies for the delay in replying -have been getting server error messages for days @urban racer - thank you for the welcome. I am testing, but only first thing at the moment. Fasting level is down from 11 at diagnosis to around 6 most days.

Reactions: 4 people