Freestyle Libre

bennycrock

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, was wondering if someone could help me. My wife and I are both T1 and we finally decided to order the freestyle Libre last Thursday. There was a lack of communication between us and we ended up buying 3. I rang to cancel 1 but they said it was already processed and that I would need to refuse one on delivery and when it got back to the depot they would refund one. Since then we've decided to keep it as a spare and use the sensors that come with it. However we haven't had them delivered nor have we had the dispatch email. I've contacted them via Facebook, Twitter and email from their site but got nothing back apart from the standard "will contact you within 48 hours" response but still nothing. I ordered direct from their website but worried of this being a scam. Has anyone else had this issue or better yet received theirs and I'm just being impatient? Thanks in advance

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Sorry I haven't ordered from them. But if you paid by credit card you have insurance and your card company can refund. If you paid by a bank card then you have no chance of a refund. Hope they turn up.

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, was wondering if someone could help me. My wife and I are both T1 and we finally decided to order the freestyle Libre last Thursday. There was a lack of communication between us and we ended up buying 3. I rang to cancel 1 but they said it was already processed and that I would need to refuse one on delivery and when it got back to the depot they would refund one. Since then we've decided to keep it as a spare and use the sensors that come with it. However we haven't had them delivered nor have we had the dispatch email. I've contacted them via Facebook, Twitter and email from their site but got nothing back apart from the standard "will contact you within 48 hours" response but still nothing. I ordered direct from their website but worried of this being a scam. Has anyone else had this issue or better yet received theirs and I'm just being impatient? Thanks in advance
You need to ring them, waste of time on the email. If you check your account/orders you can see your order dispatch status.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Abbott are quite genuine - but delivery can be a bit slow. My sensors can take about a week to arrive as they have to come over from France!! :wideyed: The only possible scammers have been some of the people selling the readers and sensors on ebay for (even more) exorbitant prices. I believe if you buy from them you're unlikely to get support from Abbot if anything goes wrong as you're not the "registered purchaser".

Robbity

DotsDots

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have not ordered from them yet! I have emailed on a couple of occasions and get the same response 'you will be contacted within 48 hours' still waiting more than a week later. I have questions I want answered before ordering. Not very reassuring. Good luck

edan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have not ordered from them yet! I have emailed on a couple of occasions and get the same response 'you will be contacted within 48 hours' still waiting more than a week later. I have questions I want answered before ordering. Not very reassuring. Good luck
Don't email them, complete waste of time, i've got emails from over a year ago i've not had a reply to yet. Best thing is to call them or ask others on forum about any questions.

sherbet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diets
Sorry I haven't ordered from them. But if you paid by credit card you have insurance and your card company can refund. If you paid by a bank card then you have no chance of a refund. Hope they turn up.
I have recently ordered my sensors and reader and there was a few weeks delay, you can see from their website the state of your order, it will eventually say 'dispatched', I rang up about mine and it miraculously went to 'dispatched' the next day. Very pleased with mine BTW.

bennycrock

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I received mine actually due to replace the second sensor today :) it was a complete waste of time getting in contact I was just told I would receive notification from them when dispatched although I didn't get any further emails from them I did get an email and texts from dpd saying they would be with me the next day and sure enough they were. I absolutely love my little machine. It's made me more conscience about my diabetes and health and I'm starting to see improvements everyone loves trying it out on me and I think in one day a managed to do 37 tests lol well worth it if you can sacrifice something else to pay for it.