Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So excited 8.1 this morning . Lowest yet. Combo of low carb, losing weight and couch to 5k finally working

Reactions: 17 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
16/4/16.

8.2:banghead: (liver dumped, as before bed 7.9)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 17 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
A very acceptable 6.7 this morning :)

Reactions: 21 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 5.0 at 0620 today, after half a bottle of Merlot last night. Perhaps I should drink half a bottle every night? :)

Reactions: 10 people

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
9.5 - but that is what happens when you ignore sound advice of online colleagues and eat sugary bikkies. Off to dig the allotment to teach myself a lesson.

Reactions: 20 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, good to see we are back on line.
5.1 at 6:45 this am. It seems to be creeping up again, not sure why.

Reactions: 15 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My fasting blood sugar continues to disappoint and perplex me. Bedtime reading at 11pm last night was 6 - the best I've had so far. So I went to bed feeling pleased and hopeful that the fbs this morning would be the first in a new trend of low numbers. But alas it was a 9. I had a spoonful of cottage cheese before bed to prevent liver dumping.
The only reason I can think of is the fact that I did sleep in and didn't do fbs reading until 8am. But still...a 9?
I know I'm not the only one to struggle with morning numbers but I do know that there are also many in this wonderful community who have great low levels of fbg. How did y'all get to where you are???
I am now on LCHF diet, have been for over a month now and I know it's working. Just not in the morning, not yet ...
I know it can be a bit disheartening at times, but watch it over a period and look for the trend. Are you following the Low Carb Program? As you get into it you will see a gradual improvement and then it will start to get better if you stick with it.

Reactions: 2 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.6 mind you am using a new meter the contour next usb kindly sent to me for free yesterday so may account for slight difference from my normal FSB.

Reactions: 19 people