Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

witchfire

Type of diabetes
Type 2
plesar.jpg

Hi 5.3 Happy seems to be settling ,now watch lol

Reactions: 17 people

Arizona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After 9 months of checks my GP told me today that I'm no longer needing to have quarterly diabetes tests, whilst technically a T2 I am in the non diabetic FBG range and have been for a while. Great news.

Reactions: 5 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After 9 months of checks my GP told me today that I'm no longer needing to have quarterly diabetes tests, whilst technically a T2 I am in the non diabetic FBG range and have been for a while. Great news.
Congratulations. Well done.

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
has been away from home for about 3 months .Now back at home.

Reactions: 15 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Morning All

Cheers

Reactions: 11 people

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My fasting blood sugar continues to disappoint and perplex me. Bedtime reading at 11pm last night was 6 - the best I've had so far. So I went to bed feeling pleased and hopeful that the fbs this morning would be the first in a new trend of low numbers. But alas it was a 9. I had a spoonful of cottage cheese before bed to prevent liver dumping.
The only reason I can think of is the fact that I did sleep in and didn't do fbs reading until 8am. But still...a 9?
I know I'm not the only one to struggle with morning numbers but I do know that there are also many in this wonderful community who have great low levels of fbg. How did y'all get to where you are???
I am now on LCHF diet, have been for over a month now and I know it's working. Just not in the morning, not yet ...

Reactions: 10 people

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great news indeed. Well done.

Reactions: 4 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
How did y'all get to where you are???
I am now on LCHF diet, have been for over a month now and I know it's working. Just not in the morning, not yet ...
Keep doing whah you are doing and they will follow the others down

Reactions: 6 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
8.3 this morning at 5.30am (early shift at work today until 2.35pm)

Went out to the Quiz buffet meal last night. Had a little beef, chicken, salmon (poached and smoked) and a few prawns, with a small salad. Then had about a tablespoon of chopped mixed salad with cream and a slither of cheesecake (minus the base). My first desert in weeks. Wasn't a good idea! Short cycle to work as there are snow showers and the wind chill is pretty cold.

Reactions: 20 people