Tattoo care

rstonepal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetic Educators, people who do not listen, people who do not actively try to make their situation better, people who think I am in their textbook, people who think I am a standard T1D.
View attachment 18792

I think I've attached the picture correctly if not I'll try again lol ?

Yourll have to excuse all the purple ink , taken a few minutes after . As you can see was used for the centre line lol .
I'll upload one once its healed as well as can't get a decent picture as it's flaking and I've normally got cream on it .

So yes here's my little tattoo lol. x
Impressive. Nice clean lines.

Reactions: 2 people

rstonepal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetic Educators, people who do not listen, people who do not actively try to make their situation better, people who think I am in their textbook, people who think I am a standard T1D.
Oh Gosh folks, you are a WONDERFUL family. My husband is an Android Engineer at Dexcom. He was the one who alerted me as we have an amusing thought. Dexcom is UnitedHealthcare. There is a terrifying amount of diabetics that work there, but, that is a good thing as they know what we are talking about when we call in. Also, given as how many of them are diabetics or live with one or a few, everyone understands what we need, that is why the Dexcom product is the BEST one out there, they know diabetes and live it. Andy came home for lunch and told me how Dexcom employees are freaking out. Then, consider how this looks to visiting investors, buyers, etc. If you go into a Diabetic Den that makes Diabetic supplies, shouldn't they be using their own product? Terry, the founder of Dexcom is a fatherly type fellow and cares about his diabetics. I hope he comes out of retirement and gets this back into control. He is a very strong negotiator, I would have loved to have negotiated with him in some capacity while I had my career, that one would have been fun.

Emily101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lovely letter work looks great
View attachment 18792

I think I've attached the picture correctly if not I'll try again lol ?

Yourll have to excuse all the purple ink , taken a few minutes after . As you can see was used for the centre line lol .
I'll upload one once its healed as well as can't get a decent picture as it's flaking and I've normally got cream on it .

So yes here's my little tattoo lol. x
Looks brilliant, clearly very fresh though! xD Mine's peeling at the mo too, so also moisturised xD

Rumplestizkin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a lot of tattoos in my younger years. I recently had 3 more done and each one took a very long time to heal and with two of them I had to go to doctors to be put in antibiotics to help the healing process. One of them which I had done on my foot ended up with cellulitis. I have been told off by my doctors which is understandable. Now made choice that me and tattoos are no more it's too risky for me. I would bear that in mind if considering them everyone is unique but there is always more risks of complications with diabetes. I took all precautions, looked after them properly but still ended up needing assistance from GP which obviously is frowned upon and lecture always follows.

Emily101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a lot of tattoos in my younger years. I recently had 3 more done and each one took a very long time to heal and with two of them I had to go to doctors to be put in antibiotics to help the healing process. One of them which I had done on my foot ended up with cellulitis. I have been told off by my doctors which is understandable. Now made choice that me and tattoos are no more it's too risky for me. I would bear that in mind if considering them everyone is unique but there is always more risks of complications with diabetes. I took all precautions, looked after them properly but still ended up needing assistance from GP which obviously is frowned upon and lecture always follows.
Yes, I'm a worrier so made sure never to get any done on my feet or anything, I read it on Diabetes UK! Thank you for the advice. :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I've been type 1 for 40+ years and had my first tattoo in 2010 on my foot whilst on holiday in Turkey. Healed fine. I had another one last Monday (2nd May) on my right wrist. It's still healing and yes, we do take longer to heal than "normal" folk but if you are well controlled and look after yourself it shouldn't be a problem. I will try to upload photos later but as I'm at work I can't at the minute.

kay2409

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had my 3rd tattoo (1st since diagnosis) done last Thursday and has healed really well and quite quickly. Keep levels as "normal" for yourself as possible, don't over expose tattoo to water or sun and use bepanthen twice a day for up to a week my tattoo artist advised. K

Emily101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my 3rd tattoo (1st since diagnosis) done last Thursday and has healed really well and quite quickly. Keep levels as "normal" for yourself as possible, don't over expose tattoo to water or sun and use bepanthen twice a day for up to a week my tattoo artist advised. K
That's how I feel at the mo! All it's done is peel a little :)

Kevin1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had most of my arm tattooed. I have been a type one since I was 11 I'm now 28. I have never had any issues with the process. I would recommend coconut oil when it's healing it keeps it moisturised but air still gets to it. I always have a bottle of coke with me incase while having it done and check blood regularly but usually my bloods go up while having it done and drop after.

Emily101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had most of my arm tattooed. I have been a type one since I was 11 I'm now 28. I have never had any issues with the process. I would recommend coconut oil when it's healing it keeps it moisturised but air still gets to it. I always have a bottle of coke with me incase while having it done and check blood regularly but usually my bloods go up while having it done and drop after.
That's what I was about to say- my sugars went up during it! According to Diabetes UK, it's because of the stress you put your body under xD I got diagnosed at 11 too! 24 now. :)

Kevin1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it's the hormones and I think after with all the adrenalin when that starts to run out that's when you drop. Unless you blood sugars are terrible I can't see any issues with getting tattoos and being diabetic. The only people sometimes that have issues are the tattooists as they don't actually no much about it.

Emily101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it's the hormones and I think after with all the adrenalin when that starts to run out that's when you drop. Unless you blood sugars are terrible I can't see any issues with getting tattoos and being diabetic. The only people sometimes that have issues are the tattooists as they don't actually no much about it.
Yeah I got that vibe a little, but she was an apprentice. I'd done enough research to help her, so I think she's more clued up now xD

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you everyone :)

@Emily101

And yes that pic was taken when it was very fresh lol , has been a week yesterday now , and so far I'm happy with the healing still got a while to go yet looks very strange flaking / peeling / scabbing I'm not sure what the process is called lol , looking forward to it being fully healed :p
Did it make you extra nervous that an apprentice done your tattoo or was you ok as everyone needs to start somewhere , how is your tattoo healing ? x

Emily101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you everyone :)

@Emily101

And yes that pic was taken when it was very fresh lol , has been a week yesterday now , and so far I'm happy with the healing still got a while to go yet looks very strange flaking / peeling / scabbing I'm not sure what the process is called lol , looking forward to it being fully healed :p
Did it make you extra nervous that an apprentice done your tattoo or was you ok as everyone needs to start somewhere , how is your tattoo healing ? x

As soon as I saw the picture any nervous thoughts left, she was fantastic! So far I've been insanely lucky, it's been peeling a little and I reckon it has a while to go on that front, but apart from that it's been fine :) xx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As soon as I saw the picture any nervous thoughts left, she was fantastic! So far I've been insanely lucky, it's been peeling a little and I reckon it has a while to go on that front, but apart from that it's been fine :) xx

Where abouts have you had your tattoo , not sure I can work it out from the picture :oops:

Mine isn't as raised anymore which is good , feel the same as you really been pretty lucky with the healing of the tattoo and only slight peeling now yay lol , yourll have to post another pic too once ures has fully healed :p x

Emily101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Where abouts have you had your tattoo , not sure I can work it out from the picture :oops:

Mine isn't as raised anymore which is good , feel the same as you really been pretty lucky with the healing of the tattoo and only slight peeling now yay lol , yourll have to post another pic too once ures has fully healed :p x
I shall :) I keep thinking about the next one! xD It's on my upper arm, just above the bend in it- if that makes sense xD xx

Emily101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
xD

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 229