The 'Saving Australia' Diet

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It gets a bit tiresome reading pronouncements about cherry-picked data from a self-selected population sample (eg. people voluntarily admitting to having lifestyle issues and chosing to see a PT) being extrapolated to every single Type 2 ever.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
BOOM!!! I love the Steve Redgrave question.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I saw it advertised and didn't watch it. All the media ever presents here is type 2 is a choice. I'd like to see them present all the precursors and not just lifestyle. I asked Diabetes Australia not long back for the statistics on how many type 2's have lifestyle as a precursor (usually people have more than one precursor too)... they responded to say it's 58% So what about talking about the fact that type 2 is not all about lifestyle and discuss all the other contributing things. Also Pete Evans is just about promoting his own diet style and he isn't a health expert, he's a chef. I read things on my newsfeed on fb all the time about how quitting sugar can reverse diabetes... when you read what they're doing they're not quitting sugar at all. They're still eating lots of carbs. I just think in general people have no idea. I just wish the media would shut up to be honest as they rabbit on about lifestyle all the time to make out that we're a bunch of fatties or something. I'm not holding any hopes for this program.... they'd probably just set out to prove that diet will reverse diabetes I suppose.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am pretty sure their "producers little black book" will have already determined that "predetermined positive outcome". It's what they call bankable.

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Bit like climate change. You're a heretic if you dare speak out. Garbage production, no science and no knowledge. The "educators" should listen to the educated

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bit like climate change. You're a heretic if you dare speak out. Garbage production, no science and no knowledge. The "educators" should listen to the educated