1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

The 'Saving Australia' Diet

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by walnut_face, May 8, 2016.

1. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

It gets a bit tiresome reading pronouncements about cherry-picked data from a self-selected population sample (eg. people voluntarily admitting to having lifestyle issues and chosing to see a PT) being extrapolated to every single Type 2 ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. KevinPotts

KevinPotts Type 2 · Well-Known Member

BOOM!!! I love the Steve Redgrave question.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Mep

Mep Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I saw it advertised and didn't watch it. All the media ever presents here is type 2 is a choice. I'd like to see them present all the precursors and not just lifestyle. I asked Diabetes Australia not long back for the statistics on how many type 2's have lifestyle as a precursor (usually people have more than one precursor too)... they responded to say it's 58% So what about talking about the fact that type 2 is not all about lifestyle and discuss all the other contributing things. Also Pete Evans is just about promoting his own diet style and he isn't a health expert, he's a chef. I read things on my newsfeed on fb all the time about how quitting sugar can reverse diabetes... when you read what they're doing they're not quitting sugar at all. They're still eating lots of carbs. I just think in general people have no idea. I just wish the media would shut up to be honest as they rabbit on about lifestyle all the time to make out that we're a bunch of fatties or something. I'm not holding any hopes for this program.... they'd probably just set out to prove that diet will reverse diabetes I suppose.

4. KevinPotts

I am pretty sure their "producers little black book" will have already determined that "predetermined positive outcome". It's what they call bankable.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

Bit like climate change. You're a heretic if you dare speak out. Garbage production, no science and no knowledge. The "educators" should listen to the educated

• Like Like x 2
  6. KevinPotts

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook