Trying to understand C-peptide test results...??

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Last autumn I had my urinary C-peptide test done to confirm the type of diabetes I have (finally after 23 years!!!..:rolleyes:)
I only just found my letter of the test results and now trying to find more info, but cannot come across same type of reference numbers to make head or tail of the results.
Basically the letter confirm that I still have "reasonable c-peptide reserve" but the actual numbers are..."urinary c-peptide 5528 and creatine c-peptie ratio of 801.2"
Is there anymore to read from those numbers? Or is 'reasonable reserve' all there is to it? Now I'm wondering if the 'reserve' can be inproved...I suppose that is down to beta cell recovery, according to Dr.Fung that is do-able!?
Any links or info to understand those test numbers further would be appreciated ;)

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I've never heard of a urinary c-peptide test? Mine was thru a blood test. I'm afraid I can't help with those numbers.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Were there no units? - pmol/L?

I thought a urinary c-peptide test was a moment in time thing - how much c-peptide is floating around reflects how much insulin is being made over the last few days, so tomorrow there could be more or less depending on what is needed.

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Were there no units? - pmol/L?

I thought a urinary c-peptide test was a moment in time thing - how much c-peptide is floating around reflects how much insulin is being made over the last few days, so tomorrow there could be more or less depending on what is needed.
No units...just those two figures quoted in the letter...and it is patient's copy of letter for the GP!? That's what I couldn't figure out neither as all the sites I've been looking for are referring to 'units'.
Maybe there is no more to it other than "suggestion a reasonable c-peptide reserve"??
Hmmm....something I need to ask during next appointment..even if it is just to satisfy my curiosity. Oh well.....

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
In the letter do they not say what type? My letter have the number (which I can't recall sorry!) and States I was type 1.