Jumping for Diabetes UK!

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all, on the 9th of July I will be doing my bit for charity. I am raising money for Diabetes UK by doing a tandem skydive, first time I will be doing this so of course I am scared but excited also. I've done the whole walking for charity thing before so decided to do something a little bit out there to raise money this time.

If you would like to support me that would be awesome, even if it's just a few words of support.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/SkydiveDiabetesUK

Thanks everyone! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Nicola!

Congratulations on taking such a proactive approach to benefit a lot of people throughout the UK and also the world. As we all know, the UK is probably the biggest front runner on the quest for a cure!

Do you have a link to a "just giving" page or something similar? Maybe I'm missing an inbuilt forum feature as I'm pretty new to all this.

Great stuff :)

Grant

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would love to contribute a tenner so how do I do that. Can you give us a link or a means of payment?

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I third the request for a link to just giving ... If that's allowed :)

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not aware of this clashing with forum rules? And if it does then I'll be deleting my account.

Come on Nicola, give us a link if you're using that donation format :)

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't like a post in this daft app but thanks Catherine!

B583

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MARMITE!!
I've done this years ago, being the first for me & it's such a thrilling, exciting, worthwhile experience to be done!! Well done for going through it & choosing to do for a good cause. Sure it'll go well, hoping for a lovely clear day to admire the views as you descend in the parachute