Type 2 Life

S

Sable_Jan

I know how you feel. shopping takes twice as long now. Have to look at everything from carbs to protein and fats , its a total pain when there not printed.
Oh, and the "as prepared as directed" on things made up with milk. I use soya milk mainly, not semi-skimmed as is often "directed"

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

I know Beer very well! We used to go there on holiday, too, when my children were small - about 25 years ago - and I'm sure we've been in the Dolphin pub. What a coincidence that you should mention it...
I used to live in South London, too - South Norwood, near Crystal Palace, although that's a little further out than you are in Vauxhall.
So, now you can keep lots of bags of porkies in your cupboard, ready and waiting for you whenever you get the urge for a snack. Perfect!
:)
And salted peanuts, or most other nuts....is it my fave cashews that are carbier?

Reactions: 2 people

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@autisticwonder1970 Hi Johnny, you have made massively better food choices today than yesterday, and your friend Lee is clearly very thoughtful now that he is aware of the problems you have eating carbs - don't be hard on yourself. I'm glad that you like pork scratchings - we all need something yummy to snack on and they are so much better for you than crisps or, dare I say it, bombay mix. Peanuts are my favourites - the trouble is I like nuts too much! Keep up the good work.
I shall be coming down your way tomorrow - I am working in Kennington

Reactions: 5 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Oh yes, of course, peanuts! I forgot about them - they're good for your snacks, too, @autisticwonder1970
I just looked up the carbs and you're right, @Sable_Jan...... Wow! Yes, peanuts are only 5.6g per 100g, but cashews are 19.3g per 100g - what a shame, I love cashews. :(
I've got some peanuts but there coated in chocolate . Oh well if I eat the chocolate Ron can have the nuts . Hows that for sharing.

Reactions: 3 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I know Beer very well! We used to go there on holiday, too, when my children were small - about 25 years ago - and I'm sure we've been in the Dolphin pub. What a coincidence that you should mention it...
I used to live in South London, too - South Norwood, near Crystal Palace, although that's a little further out than you are in Vauxhall.
So, now you can keep lots of bags of porkies in your cupboard, ready and waiting for you whenever you get the urge for a snack. Perfect!
:)
Wow, it is a small world. I used to live in Greenwich and Purley way (walking distance to Ikea).
Did you use the trains to London from south norwood?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I eat M&Ms and in the right quantity don't spike me

Oh wow... No spikes ...I'll have to try... How many in a portion :)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

2/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, 11st 11lbs, waist 30" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

5/6/16: Two BP readings now 112/64 & 112/66 :)

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Oh wow... No spikes ...I'll have to try... How many in a portion :)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

2/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, 11st 11lbs, waist 30" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

5/6/16: Two BP readings now 112/64 & 112/66 :)
Fun size bag

Reactions: 3 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Sciatic pain , its been a bxxxxr all weekend.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Setting the alarm for 5:55am again after a week off, excited though - can't wait to be in the pool. Now off meds and need to ensure I keep the exercise going ....

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sciatic pain , its been a bxxxxr all weekend.
Oh @tina_marie I'm thinking of you. Just remember it just goes as quick as it came. I'm hoping that will be very very soon for you. I know it makes you cry, that pain. Use those painkillers to help you get about. I walked it off, I think.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hi folks - still recovering. Face is still swollen but I think the antibiotics are starting to shift this infection. FBG today 9.9 mmol/l and they should go down soon. Will catch up on posts when I'm feeling better - sorry I've not been on much but that's how I am when unwell. Night night :)

Reactions: 6 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Oh @tina_marie I'm thinking of you. Just remember it just goes as quick as it came. I'm hoping that will be very very soon for you. I know it makes you cry, that pain. Use those painkillers to help you get about. I walked it off, I think.
Walking is the only relief . I've not had this pain since the bath incident. Yes it does make u cry. Have waited till his nibs went to bed before bursting in to tears. Cant even get comfy in my usual spot on sofa. Its not helped having to keep getting up for the loo. Must be weeing for Britain this past week. Getting blurred / double vision and a taste of salt on the tongue when I've been . Talk about thirsty as well.

S

Sable_Jan

Hi folks - still recovering. Face is still swollen but I think the antibiotics are starting to shift this infection. FBG today 9.9 mmol/l and they should go down soon. Will catch up on posts when I'm feeling better - sorry I've not been on much but that's how I am when unwell. Night night :)
Big gentle hugs Eddie

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Walking is the only relief . I've not had this pain since the bath incident. Yes it does make u cry. Have waited till his nibs went to bed before bursting in to tears. Cant even get comfy in my usual spot on sofa. Its not helped having to keep getting up for the loo. Must be weeing for Britain this past week. Getting blurred / double vision and a taste of salt on the tongue when I've been . Talk about thirsty as well.
Have you been tested for diabetes @tina_marie ?

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmm, post swim I was up at 8.0 today, down to 7.3 though 30 minutes later. Have to accept numbers will be a bit random post stopping meds I think - will stick to LCHF religiously this week, swim every day, cut out the booze - and hopefully MySugr won't be showing such a high average next week.

I know it's not that bad, just got used to those 5's :):)