Other
Before bed:
Blood Glucose 4.8 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 1.8 mmol / L

Woke during the night with blood glucose 3.7 mmol / L

This morning:
Blood Glucose 4.3 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 3.6 mmol / L

So very pleased with both of those! That's the lowest ever fasting blood glucose along with the highest ever fasting blood ketones for me!

Pity we cant measure insulin at home, at the same time as we measure BG and BHOB.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
My FBG was 77 mg/dl or 4.27 mmoles/l

Fasting Ketonix [ 2015 model ] reading 88% with 7 red blinks.

Pity we cant test insulin at home !!!

Reactions: 20 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before bed:
Blood Glucose 4.8 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 1.8 mmol / L

Woke during the night with blood glucose 3.7 mmol / L

This morning:
Blood Glucose 4.3 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 3.6 mmol / L

So very pleased with both of those! That's the lowest ever fasting blood glucose along with the highest ever fasting blood ketones for me!
Knock, knock...
May I move in? ;-)
Good to "see" you again guys! :-D

Type2Guy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is my understanding that this neighborhood thread has prime real estate topics for sale. Therefore, I am relocating here effective immediately and will pay my mortgage in test strips, which sadly are available on a black market in the US due to their astronomical prices outside of insurance coverage plans.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is my understanding that this neighborhood thread has prime real estate topics for sale. Therefore, I am relocating here effective immediately and will pay my mortgage in test strips, which sadly are available on a black market in the US due to their astronomical prices outside of insurance coverage plans.

Watch out for the reset, as we'll be changing the brand on those strips.

Reactions: 11 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Welcome , young man. I am sure that your FBG results will improve very quickly here. A shift in gear sort of thing.

Reactions: 11 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hey....hello you lot. I'm pleased to see we have a lovely new home. This morning my blood glucose was a healthy 4.8 fasting. I'm ok with that number. Had my eye screening this morning too. How long does it take for these darn drops to completely wear off? I've got my sunglasses on right now, which admittedly makes me feel like a rock star. Wearing them indoors as I'm lying down, TV on, iPad & nibbly things to hand (salted popcorn is my treat today.) One is allowed to self indulge when one is a tad delicate. :happy:

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Type2Guy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So now that it has been established that we can discuss anything, I've decided to forgo the expense of weekly therapy to unpack all of my luggage in this virtual lounge. Let's begin with Phase One. Unresolved Childhood Conflicts. Just kidding. Kind of.

Reactions: 14 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The door is open - come right in and make yourself at home.

My hope is that you find us warm and friendly and welcoming.

Remember the secret code:
My dear friend, Thank you from the heart, as for the secret code, my tablet/smartphone says emoji85/86/87...
;-)

Reactions: 12 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi and WELCOME Alisonjane10. We were not separated for long after all.

By the way, the more brave posters here may even post their post prandial numbers

Reactions: 15 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
So now that it has been established that we can discuss anything, I've decided to forgo the expense of weekly therapy to unpack all of my luggage in this virtual lounge. Let's begin with Phase One. Unresolved Childhood Conflicts. Just kidding. Kind of.

Toilet training will be dealt with on another thread, along with nutritional constipation and other similarlly related issues.

Reactions: 12 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and WELCOME Alisonjane10. We were not separated for long after all.

By the way, the more brave posters here may even post their post prandial numbers
Oh that's for heroes only...
I find it hard as I eat quite often...;-)

Reactions: 14 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Toilet training will be dealt with on another thread, along with nutritional constipation and other similarlly related issues.
Uncle @Pasha I want to sign up for toilet training, because as many times I try training in the toilet, it seems too small to fit my treadmill in ;-)

Reactions: 16 people