1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Life

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by emptyplate, Aug 4, 2015.

1. JohnnyBaker87

JohnnyBaker87 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I cooked Jamaican jerked chicken breast fillets and significantly less Tilda Basmati Rice, which consisted of one small teacup of rice to two small teacups of boiled water.

My mental health services dietitian advised me to cut down on carbs and I've done that.

I also had a beautiful salad with minimal French dressing yesterday because of the glucose in the French dressing.

2. JohnnyBaker87

IMG-20200527-WA0001.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. JohnnyBaker87

This is me, Johnny David Baker sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger's Syndrome.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

5. JohnnyBaker87

I'm very well mentally but I've just been diagnosed with sciatica and acid reflux symptoms. I'm taking Lansoprazole gastro-resistant capsules for my acid reflux symptoms.

• Hug Hug x 1
  6. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Youre becoming my twin.
    My GERD and scatica has off and on major effects on me. Sometimes enough to make me cry so you have my full sympathy. I'm missing my swimming sessions. Even bought new clothes to encourage my mood. 50% worked but then these stupid rain and winds. I'm suffering with a swollen face from the bleeding now and it's affected my breathing. Luckily I have help anticipated on Thursday. Thank god.

Keep posting as I enjoy your updates.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook