Baby Smith update

Erin85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Abbie, I'm so happy to hear your wonderful news - congratulations! Francesca is beautiful and what a head of hair!! Also, thanks for the labour info, is good to hear other people's experiences and what can be expected.

Hope your managing some rest, sleep and long cuddles :)

Much love to you x x

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 4 people

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
@Mrsass Congratulations - she is absolutely beautiful and I love her hair :) well done and thanks for your story. I'm 33 weeks today so not long anymore for me, eeek xx

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Abbie, I'm so happy to hear your wonderful news - congratulations! Francesca is beautiful and what a head of hair!! Also, thanks for the labour info, is good to hear other people's experiences and what can be expected.

Hope your managing some rest, sleep and long cuddles :)

Much love to you x x

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Long cuddles yes, rest and sleep not so much lol she tends to scream from about 11pm-2am the last few nights, we think she's got colic and she's a bit constipated so obviously won't be helping matters or be nice for her :(
I'm happy to answer any questions if there's anything anyone is wondering about when in hospital/during labour xx

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
WOW!!
she is a stunner !
thank you so much for a great update and glad you shared everything with your online family :)
xxxxxxxxxxxx

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Hi, I posted on Saturday in the new baby news thread but thought I'd do a post with my little story n more detail of everything and just a little update for anyone interested :) - FYI sorry I've rambled loads!

I went in hospital Thursday afternoon for induction at 38+1 everything started a bit slow, I got pains later in the evening but they went away in the early hours. Dr broke my waters around noon Friday as they decided head was far enough engaged, everything was going well but I stopped dilating at 6cm so 5:45am Saturday they took me down for a section, I had all the pain relief I was allowed during labour, I like to think I'm a tough cookie but wow seriously, contractions hurt!!

C section was nothing like what I had dreaded, the team of people that done it were amazing and it was so quick, she was born at 6:51am - I was back on my pump by 10am which I was really happy about, hated not being on my pump and being out of control of things concerning D, while I was on sliding scale bgs were a little higher - I know they needed to be running me slightly higher than I've been used to they just seemed so clueless about diabetes

As advised by many on here I'd stocked up well on lucozade, snacks etc for hypos cos wow since having her there's been a lot of hypos! can't believe how tiny my insulin requirements are at the moment, even changing all my basal settings, sensitivity & carb ratio I'm still getting such low numbers!

Breastfeeding hasn't really worked out for me which I'm gutted about, she didn't seem interested any time I've tried and so my milk hasn't really came, not going to beat myself up about it but I'd have just loved to have done it although her very first feed when she was born was successful so that was nice.

Her bg's were all fine, she had 3 tests over 12 hours and she was between 3.2-3.8 so I was over the moon! :D

We came home Sunday which I was surprised at but because they said everything went really well, I was managing D ok, they had no reason to keep us in :)

We were told she weighed 7lb 8oz but on her notes it says 7lb 5oz! Quite surprised cos at the growth scan last Monday they said her weight was 7lb 8 but I was still expecting her to be around 9lb odd as everyone says it's never correct! Lol

We have decided to call her Francesca

Just wanted to write this for those that are expecting at the minute as I read a post like this when I was pregnant and found it helpful

I know I'm only a few days in but wow sleep deprivation is an absolute killer isn't it!! it gets better yeah?

65a468b5e1c52ea24a5b01a5544a46e7.jpg
822c0c42c3b33b8874aa9052d5ec980e.jpg
bb83999e3b43ce89920d1abc06bcb1e0.jpg

Attached a few pics :)

Abbie Xx

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Oh my goodness what a beautiful baby daughter.

Welcome Francesca... Your mummy and daddy must be so proud:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, BPM 85, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

16/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 6O, 11st 5lbs, waist 30", PWV 7.0. Lifelong migraines and hay fever gone.

Regime: 25g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting, occasionally longer fasts.

Jenny_B_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:)Wow congratulations @Mrsass she is beautiful. Thank you so much for taking the time to update us all.
Wishing you all the best for the future.
Big hugs.

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How lovely! Lovely pictures too!!
I'm so pleased everything went well for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobbietb

Aww, she's so cute good to hear that your labour experience wasn't totally horrific and you've been left with a little bundle of (tiring) joy

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum