Michael Mosley.

C

catherinecherub

If anyone would like to watch the original programme Eat, Fast and Live Longer hosted by Michael Mosley, there is a link below.

Reactions: 6 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
If anyone would like to watch the original programme Eat, Fast and Live Longer hosted by Michael Mosley, there is a link below.

Thanks Catherine:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just watched it...what a fascinating film!

I found it incredible when the scientists demonstrated how fasting triggered the production of new neurones (brain cells) and likened the process to the effects on muscles from resistance training.

My pattern for getting on for the best part of 2.5 months now is 18 hours fasting every day. My last meal finishes 7pm at night and lunch at 1-2pm the following day), so just 2 meals a day. I have supplemented this by one 4 day fast and 1 x 7 day fast starting on the 3rd July.

The daily 18 hours, I personally find very easy, the 4 day was surprisingly straightforward and we'll see what I feel like as I report back on my 7 day journey shortly:)

In a matter of weeks, I'll be having my second A1C and a full lipid panel which will be interesting. I certainly could not have been more committed, so I await the results with baited breath:).

So, I am a fan of fasting with an LCHF diet and have experienced first hand the impact of a Keto adapted fat burning state on my satiety levels and my ability to more easily engage with fasting!

Reactions: 4 people

Roytaylorjasonfunglover

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just watched it...what a fascinating film!

I found it incredible when the scientists demonstrated how fasting triggered the production of new neurones (brain cells) and likened the process to the effects on muscles from resistance training.

My pattern for getting on for the best part of 2.5 months now is 18 hours fasting every day. My last meal finishes 7pm at night and lunch at 1-2pm the following day), so just 2 meals a day. I have supplemented this by one 4 day fast and 1 x 7 day fast starting on the 3rd July.

The daily 18 hours, I personally find very easy, the 4 day was surprisingly straightforward and we'll see what I feel like as I report back on my 7 day journey shortly:)

In a matter of weeks, I'll be having my second A1C and a full lipid panel which will be interesting. I certainly could not have been more committed, so I await the results with baited breath:).

So, I am a fan of fasting with an LCHF diet and have experienced first hand the impact of a Keto adapted fat burning state on my satiety levels and my ability to more easily engage with fasting!

As long as you feel fine, your fasts can extend on several days. I fasted for 2 days this weekend, and I fasted the whole of yesterday. I have done 3 fasts over 9 days, so it is defintely possible.

Cool that you share your experiences, you seem to have taken up fasting really well.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
As long as you feel fine, your fasts can extend on several days. I fasted for 2 days this weekend, and I fasted the whole of yesterday. I have done 3 fasts over 9 days, so it is defintely possible.

Cool that you share your experiences, you seem to have taken up fasting really well.

Wooo......9 days, several times....quite literally amazing:)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wooo......9 days, several times....quite literally amazing:)

I think our friend means he has fasted 3 times over the past 9 days rather than for 9 days 3 times.. I would be open to correction though...

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I think our friend means he has fasted 3 times over the past 9 days rather than for 9 days 3 times.. I would be open to correction though...

Ahhh ok.... Makes sense :) duh:)