Votes: 101 51.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 12 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

debrasue

Yes, I am not happy with my words being quoted out of context, that's unfair. Her post I was referring to was a political statement in saying we are all sorry for the vote - those who voted leave might actually disagree and are not sorry. This is not some personal vendetta against @zand, I usually like her posts and just think me being assertive is not a bad thing to be. Grumpy now 5/10 from 7/10 lol :D;)
S'okay - I still love you! (And we're 1-all on the 'Creative' ratings, LOL)
:D

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Am I really that grumpy and "the boat rocker" of the DCUK forum lol ? If I am I apologize but I do provide balance and this keeps things interesting and entertaining, it would be a really boring forum if we all agreed. ;):D

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
S'okay - I still love you! (And we're 1-all on the 'Creative' ratings, LOL)
:D
@debrasue I know you still love me lol (you know in your heart I am correct in my arguments lol) ;)

Reactions: 2 people
D

debrasue

Am I really that grumpy and "the boat rocker" of the DCUK forum lol ? If I am I apologize but I do provide balance and this keeps things interesting and entertaining, it would be a really boring for um if we all agreed. ;):D
Hell, yes, you're a grumpy boat-rocker - but as you say, things would be very boring if we were all the same. I would have nobody to wind up, for a start! ;)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I am not happy with my words being quoted out of context, that's unfair. Her post I was referring to was a political statement in saying we are all sorry for the vote - those who voted leave might actually disagree and are not sorry. This is not some person vendetta against @zand, I usually like her posts and just think me being assertive is not a bad thing to be. Grumpy now 5/10 from 7/10 lol :D;)
Now who is misquoting.!!! I didn't say we are all sorry for the vote at all. What I said was "Unfortunately we are all on the losing side...' Those who voted leave will suffer the consequences of Brexit with the rest of us. The other thing I said was that people should have checked that their gut reaction was the right one. That didn't need any context, it's so obvious in something as important as this. I wasn't criticising you at all Eddie, I just feel for someone to say 'I voted with my gut reaction' is simply not good enough. You didn't do that and I thank you for it, as I said before you did the right thing....and who knows you may have put an unsure remain vote, that would still have been wrong. . I normally like your posts too. Misunderstandings on both sides? Truce?

Reactions: 6 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Am I really that grumpy and "the boat rocker" of the DCUK forum lol ? If I am I apologize but I do provide balance and this keeps things interesting and entertaining, it would be a really boring forum if we all agreed. ;):D
And as people know from my past posts on other threads if I am wrong on anything I post I will apologize and admit my mistakes publicly.:)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Now who is misquoting.!!! I didn't say we are all sorry for the vote at all. What I said was "Unfortunately we are all on the losing side...' Those who voted leave will suffer the consequences of Brexit with the rest of us. The other thing I said was that people should have checked that their gut reaction was the right one. That didn't need any context, it's so obvious in something as important as this. I wasn't criticising you at all Eddie, I just feel for someone to say 'I voted with my gut reaction' is simply not good enough. You didn't do that and I thank you for it, as I said before you did the right thing....and who knows you may have put an unsure remain vote, that would still have been wrong. . I normally like your posts too. Misunderstandings on both sides? Truce?
Last comment to you on this - do you possess a crystal ball ? Can you see the future ? Who knows ? It might be bad in the short term then be better, nobody knows for sure. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

debrasue

Last comment to you on this - do you possess a crystal? Can you see the future ? Who knows ? It might be bad in the short term then be better, nobody knows for sure. :)
Aww, bless - you're such a dreamer - when have you ever expected to get the last word in an argument with a woman?????? :p

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ok I will give you that one - a misquote and sorry, but the point of my words were to say people had formed an opinion and whether it was their colons, guts, hearts, brains etc it was their right do do so. You however can't make a blanket statement like we are all on the losing side as if it was a given @zand. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Aww, bless - you're such a dreamer - when have you ever expected to get the last word in an argument with a woman?????? :p
No - My childhood consisted of my mum who was a widow, 5 sisters and no brothers. I have tried to adopt tactics and strategies for coping lol. :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last comment to you on this - do you possess a crystal? Can you see the future ? Who knows it might be bad in the short term then be better, nobody knows for sure. :)
True. No one knows for sure. It will certainly be bad short term, but then everyone knew and accepted that. Personally I don't see how it can be better, but I really hope I'm wrong. We will all have to work hard and pull together to try to make this work. Can't see that happening myself, but again I hope I'm wrong

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
True. No one knows for sure. It will certainly be bad short term, but then everyone knew and accepted that. Personally I don't see how it can be better, but I really hope I'm wrong. We will all have to work hard and pull together to try to make this work. Can't see that happening myself, but again I hope I'm wrong
Ok, I have had enough. It's been good debating with you @zand, I can now move from the EU to the Euros now...**** missed the kick off lol. :D

D

debrasue

Ok I will give you that one - a misquote and sorry, but the point of my words were to say people had formed an opinion and wether it was their colons, guts, hearts, brains etc it was their right do do so. You however can't make a blanket statement like we are all on the losing side as if it was a given @zand. :)
Yep, she can. In a democracy she has the right to say whatever she chooses, and so do you.
(Although I might pick on you every time you exercise your right because, despite the fact I'm supposed to be working today, I'm enjoying giving you a swift kick now and again. In a caring way.)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
True. I don't think those who voted knew exactly what was at stake and that was why I abstained. I am an optimist and think things might improve in the long run and am glad our UK sovereignty has been restored. :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes, we must all unite and pull together, however we voted. I said that several posts ago but it seemed to fall on deaf ears and blind eyes. The more people that continue to moan and spout the "its all doom and gloom" stuff the longer and harder it will take to stabilise our country.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why is everyone on remain so certain that no one will be able to work or study in Europe again, it is unfounded and daft.
As for Greece, I bet they wish they could asap, never mind get kicked out!

There are a number of EU bodies that support young UK scientists to work / get experience in European labs, which the UK will now be excluded from. This is a real bummer, as getting a varied post-doc CV is now an essential for anyone wanting to climb the ladder.
It will work both ways, EU researchers will find it much harder to get places in UK labs..
It's certainly not good for science and I think science was one group that were/are very remain.
I feel for the young.... just glad I'm through that period.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, we must all unite and pull together, however we voted. I said that several posts ago but it seemed to fall on deaf ears and blind eyes. The more people that continue to moan and spout the "its all doom and gloom" stuff the longer and harder it will take to stabilise our country.
I agree. That includes not moaning about austerity measures as we try to reduce our deficit. It includes not striking for pay increases that employers can't afford to pay. I'm happy with that. That's how a household should be run, only spending what it can afford.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, there doesn't seem to have been a problem so far, an influx of the more educated people out of the youth of the uk doesn't seem a bad thing to some.

sorry, how can you have an influx.... out of the youth.... ? I don't understand.

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What I would like to know is just where are all our talented youth are going to go?
Greece? Youth unemployment 49%, but if they got a job all would be well because they wouldn't need to pay any tax. The Greeks are not known for doing this.
Spain? Youth unemployment 45%
France? Youth unemployment nearly 25%
Italy? youth unemployment 39%,
Portugal it is 30%
Belgium 25%
Ireland and Poland 20%
The average across the whole EU is over 19%

Great Britain is 13%

Or maybe they would go to the USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand and be out of Europe anyway.

It really is time to stop complaining. The vote is over. It was electorally fair in that it was a straight yes/no. No constituency voting, no proportional representation. It is time to stop the sour grapes and pull together, not tear apart.
Yes I totally agree and according to some remain supporters they won't be able to work / study in Europe, so yes, where are they going to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.