Homemade Bread

David Wass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Though been diabetic for over 20 years now I'm very new to carb counting and calculating carbs.

I have fitness pal and carbs and cals app but nowhere does work out homemade food.

Forgive me for being stupid but what ingredients are classed as carbs when making homemade bread so can work out the carbs.

And how do i work out all the nutritional information in homemade food as love to add it to my app for when cooking.

Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
There are sites online where you can add all the ingredients for your recipe in the amounts called for, put in how many servings, and it will give you the nutritional info per serving. Can't think of names offhand but do a google search for something along the lines of "nutritional info for my recipe"

Reactions: 2 people

David Wass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are sites online where you can add all the ingredients for your recipe in the amounts called for, put in how many servings, and it will give you the nutritional info per serving. Can't think of names offhand but do a google search for something along the lines of "nutritional info for my recipe"
Thanks for your reply

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just weigh each ingredient seperately then put that into my fitnesspal

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgive me for being stupid but what ingredients are classed as carbs when making homemade bread so can work out the carbs.

Any ingredient that contains carbs will count as containing them. Ingredients will either contain them or not, and you can find out from the detailed nutritional information on food packaging, via information from manufacturers and supermarket sites online, or by querying Google. Generally fatty ingredients such as butter, eggs, oils, will contain few or no carbs, and flours or ground nuts will contain some in varying quantities: nut and seed flours will be generally be much lower in carbs than those made from any sort of grains.

Robbity

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Though been diabetic for over 20 years now I'm very new to carb counting and calculating carbs.

I have fitness pal and carbs and cals app but nowhere does work out homemade food.

And how do i work out all the nutritional information in homemade food as love to add it to my app for when cooking.

Many thanks.

Myfitnesspal will do what you want, in both the app and on the website. You can either upload a reipe url from a website or add ingredients one by one.

On the website (where I find this simplest), you go to Food, then Recipes on the ribbon below. In the App, go to More (bottom right hand corner), then My Recipes and Food.

Once you have saved a recipe, you can just go back to it and log it as often as you eat it, adjusting your portion size as you go, should you have more or less than a portion size.

I hope that helps, unless I have misunderstand your question.