Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Makes me wonder how the thousands of people who follow the doc's advice not to test and therefore are living in ignorance. Testing FBG keeps me focussed although it's not always encouraging when I've slogged hard to keep carbs low but it's not reflected in the reading. I know from experience it all improves in the end and at our own body's pace. It's a marathon not a sprint and one that needs to last for life.

I wonder how many lives have been 'saved' by this forum. We should all be proud of ourselves for the improvements we've made to our health and ultimately our destiny. I wish we could change all the incorrect advice out there that is literally killing people who aren't strong enough to take control.

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
26/7/16 - Morning.

6.3 -(Not bad to say had No Metformin yesterday, only took 44 units of Humulin i Insulin, and still taking Steriod Tablets).

Reactions: 12 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 at 20:30
5.0 at 3:37
5.2 at 3:51
5.4 at 9:18

Blood sugars are stable! Galja suggested prayer (chant) reduces bgl... mine went up by 0.2... was in the 5s for most of the day yesterday (except for when i had to take my steriod inhaler and went up to the 6s)

Back to fasting today so hopefully my bgl levels will be good and back on track for the hba1c in a couple of weeks.:confused:

Reactions: 8 people

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
4.8 @07:00

January 2015 HbA1c 134, 98 kg
March 2015 HbA1c 59 (2 x 500g Metformin), exercise and diet
Dec 2015 HbA1c 41 (2 x 500g Metformin), exercise and diet, 92 kg
March 2016 HbA1c 42 (1 x 500g Metformin), exercise and diet, 92 kg
June 2016 HbA1c 42 (1 x 500g Metformin), exercise and diet, 92 kg

Reactions: 6 people

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A shocking 10.5 this morning at 6am. I was so good with my diet yesterday, including dinner and after dinner (cup of chamomile tea with NO honey) ; so I'm putting this down to the stressful news I received just as I was getting ready for bed. What a bummer, aye. Anyhow bgl is now 8.3 two hours later, am having breakfast now then I'm off to my weekly session at the gym. Should be therapeutic for both glucose and stress levels. Bring on the treadmill! lol! (I'm in NZ and my day's just beginning.)

Reactions: 11 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
4.5 at 5.15 am :) on a VLCD for the last two days. Feeling great.. Wish me luck for general health check up today. Wishing cholesterol level, etc - esp kidney function is good (last month had a severe kidney infection that made me being hospitalised for almost 3 bloody weeks) :(

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 11 people