Morning issues

scribble41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
ive been reading with interest all the threads about morning readings and would like some help with my issue. I was diagnosed around4 years ago and at first coped by diet alone. I was sort of low carbing as had been on Dukan for a few years. Then I was put on metaformin and then Glicklazide but I was In denial and am on a last warning to sort myself out. I've been back on low carbs for 3 weeks. Before I go to bed my reading is around 7.3 and when I wake up it's similar I do pass urine during the night but have always done this as have a week bladder. I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis so take cocodomol and ibruprofen before I go to bed. When I wake up I don't tend to eat my breakfast for 2 hours and just have a cup of tea. When I test before I eat breakfast my BG has jumped to between 10 and 11. It goes down over the day and I'm generally between 7 and 8.. I've tried eating something small when I get up but it doesn't make any difference to next reading. Any help really appreciated
Caz

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was not on any medication. So what had been effective for me was simply to skip a couple of dinner a week.
And after 2-3 weeks I was waking up to ~5.5 mmol.

Now whenever I have a high carb dinner...the morning reading goes up a little, around 6 mmol. regular low carb dinner is fine.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have no idea how long you have been on metformin but it does take several weeks to build up to full effect.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
ive been reading with interest all the threads about morning readings and would like some help with my issue. I was diagnosed around4 years ago and at first coped by diet alone. I was sort of low carbing as had been on Dukan for a few years. Then I was put on metaformin and then Glicklazide but I was In denial and am on a last warning to sort myself out. I've been back on low carbs for 3 weeks. Before I go to bed my reading is around 7.3 and when I wake up it's similar I do pass urine during the night but have always done this as have a week bladder. I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis so take cocodomol and ibruprofen before I go to bed. When I wake up I don't tend to eat my breakfast for 2 hours and just have a cup of tea. When I test before I eat breakfast my BG has jumped to between 10 and 11. It goes down over the day and I'm generally between 7 and 8.. I've tried eating something small when I get up but it doesn't make any difference to next reading. Any help really appreciated
Caz
Regular ibuprofen has sugar coating. GP can give you a sugar free version. Or use kids sugar free nurofen. Give it a try instead.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Caz what are you eating to break your fast?
Double cream in cooled off tea might help more. Just 2 teaspoons should fend off a liver dump.
It is a liver dump which is giving you the rise. I believe the more carbs in your past meals the higher the rise.
Reduce the amount of times you eat carbs and try cream or cheese cube on breaking your fast. The earlier to take cream or cheese the sooner you knock those double figures into not rearing their ugly heads. :)

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Regular ibuprofen has sugar coating. GP can give you a sugar free version. Or use kids sugar free nurofen. Give it a try instead.
Oh my, that's good to know about sugar coating on ibuprofen . Thanks .