ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
Hi,
I did the swim 22 for diabetes uk this year.
I was told by email that rewards from fundraising would be sent out from 1st July- it is now 2nd august.
I have received a certificate but nothing else and wondered if anyone else had received their usb duck or towel.
Prior to this they were good at responding to emails but now I am getting no response at all.
Feeling frustrated as my daughter also did this challenge and I do not feel it is helpful to show youngsters that when you are promised something it will not happen. I feel we should honour promises.
Just interested to know if they are just delayed or if others have had theirs.
they also promised me first refusal to purchase a towel if there were any spares- that hasn't happened either.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think this event was organised by another organisation - diabetes.org.uk?
You can contact them at - [email protected] and maybe they can advise you as to why there is such a long delay.

Well done to both of you for completing the challenge. :)

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
they haven't responded to emails since June hence why I wondered how others had got on- I know it was discussed here a few times during the event.

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
sorry- I should have said thank you. I was very proud of myself as I need spinal surgery and have 2 frozen shoulders so it was hard work but I enjoyed it

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
sorry- I should have said thank you. I was very proud of myself as I need spinal surgery and have 2 frozen shoulders so it was hard work but I enjoyed it
Wow! That's an amazing achievement! Awesome! :)

Edit: Now you have motivated me to try harder with my own shoulder exercises! I often 'forget' them. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
I have to say it really did help both my back and my shoulders- when I started I struggled to do half a length in front crawl- by the end I could do 2 lengths without stopping and usually did 1 length of breast stroke followed by 1 crawl- managing between40-60 in a session. (a good improvement for struggling to walk after the first 16 lengths)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you had any reply from DUK yet? I have sent you a PM.