1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Swim 22 rewards- have you received yours

Discussion in 'Diabetes Soapbox - Have Your Say' started by ronialive, Aug 2, 2016.

1. ronialive

ronialive Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I did the swim 22 for diabetes uk this year.
    I was told by email that rewards from fundraising would be sent out from 1st July- it is now 2nd august.
    I have received a certificate but nothing else and wondered if anyone else had received their usb duck or towel.
    Prior to this they were good at responding to emails but now I am getting no response at all.
    Feeling frustrated as my daughter also did this challenge and I do not feel it is helpful to show youngsters that when you are promised something it will not happen. I feel we should honour promises.
    Just interested to know if they are just delayed or if others have had theirs.
    they also promised me first refusal to purchase a towel if there were any spares- that hasn't happened either.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

I think this event was organised by another organisation - diabetes.org.uk?
    You can contact them at - [email protected] and maybe they can advise you as to why there is such a long delay.

Well done to both of you for completing the challenge. :)

3. ronialive

they haven't responded to emails since June hence why I wondered how others had got on- I know it was discussed here a few times during the event.

4. ronialive

sorry- I should have said thank you. I was very proud of myself as I need spinal surgery and have 2 frozen shoulders so it was hard work but I enjoyed it

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

Wow! That's an amazing achievement! Awesome! :)

Edit: Now you have motivated me to try harder with my own shoulder exercises! I often 'forget' them. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    #5 zand, Aug 2, 2016 at 4:24 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2016
  6. ronialive

I have to say it really did help both my back and my shoulders- when I started I struggled to do half a length in front crawl- by the end I could do 2 lengths without stopping and usually did 1 length of breast stroke followed by 1 crawl- managing between40-60 in a session. (a good improvement for struggling to walk after the first 16 lengths)

7. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

Have you had any reply from DUK yet? I have sent you a PM.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook