The SCREAM thread

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Should we now begin all of our posts with something along the lines of "this post is the intellectual property of the author/poster & may not be reproduced or circulated without prior permission"?

... But wouldn't this make it tricky in cases like this, where I am quoting your post in order to address directly your comment.?

A little like the IP laws in music regarding "sampling" a riff or vocal melody.. Especially if the comment is "quoted" multiple times with different contributors answering. It would then indeed go on a loop like a dance track.. ;)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For anyone feeling sensitive about this, perhaps it might be worth considering not using personal photos as avatars or real names as User Names? That remark isn't aimed at anyone, as I would have no idea if anyone's forum name is their given name.

If anyone, disinterested in diabetes, is picking anything up on Facebook they'll be drawn to a picture or a name, I would have thought. For those with no connection to diabetes, I doubt they'd bother reading DCUK posts. For example, DCUK isn't a "Friend" of mine of Facebook, nor have I "Like"d the DCUK facebook page, so only seem to be shown pages "Like"d by a couple of my rellies, who to "Like" the DCUK page. I have no idea if they're members here or read the site without joining.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have to agree. It isn't called the world wide web for nothing.
Any forum is readable if googled.
Are we not forgetting where we are? WWW.
If you don't want your personal references shared dont press post and only use PMs.
I don't mind sharing as I want to share my experiences with newees. Readers and posters too.

Reactions: 6 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Screaming because I'm tired and not motivated to do jack all
And things need to be done
Was like a bat last night wide awake and now I feel like a zombie

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Screaming because I'm tired and not motivated to do jack all
And things need to be done
Was like a bat last night wide awake and now I feel like a zombie
And this is one day when you can't put off til tomorrow.....hope your energy levels perk up a bit and you get your mojo back

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

For anyone feeling sensitive about this, perhaps it might be worth considering not using personal photos as avatars or real names as User Names? That remark isn't aimed at anyone, as I would have no idea if anyone's forum name is their given name.

If anyone, disinterested in diabetes, is picking anything up on Facebook they'll be drawn to a picture or a name, I would have thought. For those with no connection to diabetes, I doubt they'd bother reading DCUK posts. For example, DCUK isn't a "Friend" of mine of Facebook, nor have I "Like"d the DCUK facebook page, so only seem to be shown pages "Like"d by a couple of my rellies, who to "Like" the DCUK page. I have no idea if they're members here or read the site without joining.
Gets confusing if you don't have FB .. It's the content of the mail to .. If your family have liked the page they are followers and have shared with you ..And all other friends etc etc ..
No they don't have to join .. But they or others can still comment and discuss .. Lots of variants .. :)

But as I stated I will wait further discussions , as I give no authorisation for my posts to be given to a third party ...
And who are the third party ..
Just been reading about some health sites and GPs , who have been selling data to insurance companies ..
There is now an opt out Clause .... That's a better scream , a clause to opt out .. And no relation to Santa :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

AnnInDenmark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I put an answer in the gardening thread, and moments later the whole thread was gone. :arghh:...... Sniff.....Was it something I said?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gets confusing if you don't have FB .. It's the content of the mail to .. If your family have liked the page they are followers and have shared with you ..And all other friends etc etc ..
No they don't have to join .. But they or others can still comment and discuss .. Lots of variants .. :)

But as I stated I will wait for @Administrator , as I give no authorisation for my posts to be given to a third party ...
And who are the third party ..
Just been reading about some health sites and GPs , who have been selling data to insurance companies ..
There is now an opt out Clause .... That's a better scream a clause to opt out .. And no relation to Santa :)

I have idea what you're saying in your initial paragraph. I'm not persuading anyone to do anything they don't want to, just making comments in general and making what I had hoped might be useful suggestions, for people to feel more comfortable, but no matter.

Kathryn_Southern

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Insulin
Screaming (literally) at every step coz I ran a 5k race (for the first time in my life) and sprained my ankle in the process.