The SCREAM thread

K

Kat100

Not sure at all ...
When I signed up I can't remember .. I have stated that :)
And I don't know what changes have been made over the years . Practices etc ..

I know what I did not sign up for .. Another story :)
No I don't recall the tick boxes or getting a free meter ...I did not sign for a meter I would of recalled that

Reactions: 6 people

hornplayer

I'm so sorry, guys - that will have been down to the fact that I deleted it. :(
In view of recent revelations about third-party sharing, I was concerned that I had put too much personal information on the thread, so I went through it to delete my posts. Unfortunately, because I was the person who created the thread, when I deleted my first post I inadvertently deleted the whole thread.
My apologies, everyone - but it's a good opportunity for someone to create a new Gardenfile thread!

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm so sorry, guys - that will have been down to the fact that I deleted it. :(
In view of recent revelations about third-party sharing, I was concerned that I had put too much personal information on the thread, so I went through it to delete my posts. Unfortunately, because I was the person who created the thread, when I deleted my first post I inadvertently deleted the whole thread.
My apologies, everyone - but it's a good opportunity for someone to create a new Gardenfile thread!

@debrasue @Robinredbreast @hornplayer The thread can be put back You can then go through and delete whatever posts of your own you wish to (but not yoyr opening post - leave that to the mods to sort) but you'll then avoid deleting all the many posts from other members there :)

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Something to get us thinking ;)
images

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Something to get us thinking ;)

Speaking of T's and C's, everything on the lolsotrue website is copywright protected......................
upload_2016-8-30_9-35-26.png

.....................so by reproducing those images without express permission we are breaking the law.

And, you are personally liable.........
upload_2016-8-30_10-45-22.png

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
we went to church grieslye Saturday to watch the whippets race and I had about 10 miss calls from the estate agent all of which I could not answer as had no reception so i thougth i call in today and see what they wnated me for...justto say can theycome toview at 2pm instead of 2.30 pm I mean come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

we went to church grieslye Saturday to watch the whippets race and I had about 10 miss calls from the estate agent all of which I could not answer as had no reception so i thougth i call in today and see what they wnated me for...justto say can theycome toview at 2pm instead of 2.30 pm I mean come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Speaking of T's and C's, everything on the lolsotrue website is copywright protected......................
View attachment 20327
.....................so by reproducing those images without express permission we are breaking the law.

And, you are personally liable.........
View attachment 20328

I see, thank you for pointing that out, extremely useful.

S

Sable_Jan

Did they show?

C

chris lowe

I should not think so , it's the site being adapted at the moment I think :)

Or you've said something that no matter how innocent or light hearted has caused offence for no good reason though they do normally tell you they've deleted a post

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
This morning, I uniquely received about a hundred spam messages in my inbox. This forum is one of two new web experiences in my life, one other being the online courses at a Scotish University mentioned on this forum I started taking. Both seem like moderated forums. On the other hand, I do not want my inbox bombarded. Could the denigration of the website itself and its functionality be a part of something much worse? Are we made less safe online because of this forum?

Do I have to leave this forum? If so, please know that I truly enjoyed the company of many people here, especially on this thread
If it's only happened to you, then it's probably not down to DCUK.

Edited to add:-
Malware could be on the computer of any person or organisation that has your e-mail adress.

S

Sable_Jan

This morning, I uniquely received about a hundred spam messages in my inbox. This forum is one of two new web experiences in my life, one other being the online courses at a Scotish University mentioned on this forum I started taking. Both seem like moderated forums. On the other hand, I do not want my inbox bombarded. Could the denigration of the website itself and its functionality be a part of something much worse? Are we made less safe online because of this forum?

Do I have to leave this forum? If so, please know that I truly enjoyed the company of many people here, especially on this thread
Have you not got antivirus software on your computer? Cos a virus is the most likely cause

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is this still the place to scream and have a self pitting moan?

I had a great time away in France but boy is it hard to be good and keep control in a country that lives off bread and pastries, and does it so well. Then on day back we had afternoon tea at Claridge's - super fancy, I had the sandwiches but then no cakes, they looked amazing.

I know I'm doing really well controlling this but sometimes it's all too much. Blood was up at 9.0 for no reason earlier. I think I maybe need to be patient and no it will come down in time but today I just want to scream. Feeling rubbish, sweating like crazy and got a thick head.

Scream over, I'll try and be a good diabetic now - sometimes the fight and constant need to be good seems too much.

Off to buy more cheese :))

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Galja as the others have said sounds like Malware

Zemana, HitmanPro and AntiMalwarebytes are good programs to use to clean your PC or Browser, and all have a free version.

D

debrasue

Is this still the place to scream and have a self pitting moan?

I had a great time away in France but boy is it hard to be good and keep control in a country that lives off bread and pastries, and does it so well. Then on day back we had afternoon tea at Claridge's - super fancy, I had the sandwiches but then no cakes, they looked amazing.

I know I'm doing really well controlling this but sometimes it's all too much. Blood was up at 9.0 for no reason earlier. I think I maybe need to be patient and no it will come down in time but today I just want to scream. Feeling rubbish, sweating like crazy and got a thick head.

Scream over, I'll try and be a good diabetic now - sometimes the fight and constant need to be good seems too much.

Off to buy more cheese :))
Oh, dear.... I suspect this is going to be me in a few weeks' time! :eek:
Stick with it @PenfoldAPD! You'll get there.
Hugs xx