Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine does not do that. I access from a desktop

As do I, using Chrome.

If you would like to explore this any further, could you perhaps start a thread, so we don't totally derail the OP's thread?

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sharon Anne

don't use Chrome. Thank you for suggesting I am derailing a thread. That was super necessary.

You didn't derail it Hun .
On a lighter note I did have to check what derailing a post was lol,.
I will make my millions in computer technology one day xx

S

Sharon Anne

There are definitely bullies on this forum and some of them run in packs congratulating one another. You, Sharon, showed sensitivity to a guy who works hard on his diet despite two very major drug changes and being put on a relatively dangerous diabetes drug. After these struggles, he gets caught off guard for a moment at home, where the assumption is that you can get caught off guard without anything bad happening and then feels kind of sabotaged by his spouse who knows about the massive trials with drugs, extreme colorie restricted diets, and etc.

Yeah, we should build support and expect a certain amount of it in our relationships for that is part of why we are in relationships to begin with. We aren't just roommates when we are in relationships, but go beyond that.

Mark51 shared the kind of feelings we all have when we're caught in scary medical puzzles and he properly thanked the friend who helped him with the puzzle.

We shouldn't have to be strong 24-7 vigilant over something being wrong in our space.

And no one should be ragging on Sharon, caring person.

Thank you for your lovely comment I apprecate them x

mark51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Negative people, Rain
As do I, using Chrome.

If you would like to explore this any further, could you perhaps start a thread, so we don't totally derail the OP's thread?
Sorry i don't agree, I don't see it as derailing the thread as it started with someone saying that no one had responded after around 2000 views. So I see that it is relevant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
With don't agree, I don't see it as derailing the thread as it started with someone saying that no one had responded after around 2000 views. So I see that it is relevant.
I was confused before, and still am.
Do you think your efforts at control were sabotaged at home @mark51?
I am aware that this sometimes happens in relationships, of all sorts, not just partners. Work colleagues and friends have been known to do so. It is bad enough if that sort of sabotage happens to a weight reducing diet, but if it is an attempt to sabotage diabetic control, then that is downright criminal.
If so, you have my sympathy, and I hope you can find the support you need to give you the courage to deal with it all.

mark51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Negative people, Rain
I was confused before, and still am.
Do you think your efforts at control were sabotaged at home @mark51?
I am aware that this sometimes happens in relationships, of all sorts, not just partners. Work colleagues and friends have been known to do so. It is bad enough if that sort of sabotage happens to a weight reducing diet, but if it is an attempt to sabotage diabetic control, then that is downright criminal.
If so, you have my sympathy, and I hope you can find the support you need to give you the courage to deal with it all.
Where does it say sabotage anywhere in my post, my point was we always Han either no added sugar or low sugar varieties. This was not, it was extremely high in sugar. Yes maybe I should have checked it! But most all of us are perfect and remember to check everything everytime. Especially in your own home.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I hope the OP has come to s better understanding with his wife as to his aims. I also hope she can support him.
We are get frustrated with peoples lack of understanding and seriousness of diabetes. My mum is one of them, but hey ho. It doesnt change the fact we have a fight on diabetes. We and we alone, it seems.....some days. @mark51 I hope your home feels safer now?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where does it say sabotage anywhere in my post, my point was we always Han either no added sugar or low sugar varieties. This was not, it was extremely high in sugar. Yes maybe I should have checked it! But most all of us are perfect and remember to check everything everytime. Especially in your own home.
Your original post, did not specifically use the word 'sabotage'. My perception of the post was that you were unsupported at home, but the way it was worded made me wonder if You thought the sugary drink was brought in to thwart your efforts at control, rather than your wife being either disinterested or thoughtless. It really wasn't that clear why you were upset with her.

It was the later use of the word 'sabotage' in this post by @Galja that got me wondering again.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/dangers-in-the-home.106535/page-3#post-1241818

So my question, in order to be able to understand and be supportive to your situation is,
Do you believe that your wife has deliberately wanted to thwart your efforts to control your diabetes @mark51, or has she just made a mistake, or is she disinterested in your wellbeing generally?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's a little twist re squash....I rarely drink squash, when I do I have a full sugar version with no sweeteners because my body tolerates sweeteners less than it tolerates a very weak sugary drink. My hubby did the shopping last weekend and bought a bottle of sugar free...... I wasn't happy either, but he's drinking that one himself, lol he hates the taste so he won't being doing that again for a while;)

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I personally buy all my own food / drinks (low carb) and keep it separate from my family's food. I have a separate shelf in my food cupboard and in the fridge. Anything in my space I consider 'safe' , because i've bought/checked it out the contents and anywhere else is 'out of bounds to me' . I don't expect my family to follow low carb just because I do and it's fully my responsibility what enters my mouth.

phoenixlyn

Mark51, I feel for you. Type 1 since 1970, married since 1971 and my husband never ever checks foodstuffs he buys. It means I do check everything.
It was a lesson to us all. Well done on your progress.