Dangers In The Home

S

Sharon Anne

If people want to judge me harshly for my comments on a thread I feel was taken out of text and one I read and thought " well done " and in need if support so be it .

There are people I hope know me well enough to know I come from a good place so I will sleep easy ..

S

Shar67

I don't know why you think I'm attacking you, I'm not.
I don't think I'm smarter than you nor am I playing a game, you asked 2 questions on my original post, I responded.
We can agree we have different views to the post.

mark51

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Negative people, Rain
Some people seem to pick up on words used in message and latch onto them. I used tackled ( now changed itvto talked to).
Also from me asking for support as the diabetic to suddenly I'm the bad one not supporting my non diabetic wife. Now I thought this is a diabetic Web site not an unsupported wife's page or am I in the wrong place.

mark51

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Negative people, Rain
It also appears you can't have special friends with out any thing else being implied. It's a sad sad world we live in.

S

Sharon Anne

Tell you what admin please read this and if I have attacked anyone remove me really with pleasure .
The friends I have made on here know me so I know I will keep them .

S

Sharon Anne

To actually go Hmm .... Read what I said implys I am thick that is not the case I may be deaf but certainly not thick deaf people have that done to them often please I ask you don't at no time have I made. A comment regarding your intelligence .
Don't insult mine please

S

Shar67

I read weight loss ( heard going )
Anxiety fear something we have all felt I am lucky my family supported that .
You know your righ your Exaclty right .
Very clever but I am not playing

This will be the post on my intelligence, I still don't know what I have done to you, I gave my opinion on a post that over 2000 people had read and I found it strange that not one of those people responded. I agreed with you that we read the post differently.
You then said I was personally attacking you, which I haven't as there is no need, we just have differing points of views, you have taken the fact that someone gave you a hug as in some way me being cruel, I didn't give the hug but said someone was being kind, you took that personally. I then say I was being personally attacked (by op) and you think it is you I'm saying it too.
As I have said before we can agree to disagree. The op has somehow felt that his relationships are in question . It has all gone silly now, so I will step back

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So in your own home you check everything before you eat or drink!
Really! The one place it should be safe because you only bring safe stuff in.

So in my own home, yes I do check anything different to see if it has my diabetic seal of approval - it's especially important for me as I have a carb eating husband "in charge" of our food shopping so I have to be both quite specific in what I ask him to buy for me and even more wary of anything that might be considered to be shared food. He's not going to change his carb eating ways to suit my requirements any time soon, so it's now just automatic for me to check.

Robbity

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, hopefully the petty bickering is over? Can we get back on topic now?

@mark51

I'm afraid the responsibility for what you eat and drink will always ultimately fall to you. It is a pain. And a disappointment. But it is true for all of us, whether we have D or not.

I live with a man who supports my every dietary idiosyncrasy and respects my blood glucose requirements, but I respect his too.

No way would I demand that the only food or drink in the house suited my needs. I would consider that rather Prima Donna-ish. As a result, I negotiate the fridge and food cupboards with care and read the labels on all new foods before eating.

We both shop (online) to ensure our respective food needs are covered, then I do most of the cooking, preparing low carb for both of us, while my husband adds bread, potato, sugar, etc if he feels the need. It works extremely well for us.

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

If you want to know who sent you the "hug", click "List" beside it. If you'd done that you would have seen that the hug was from @Avocado Sevenfold who I doubt meant it in a sarcastic fashion.
Yes, it was a hug to console the poster who was so disappointed that nobody could apparently understand the thread.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Because she didn't, she didn't bother to look at what she bought. If I had a nut allergy would she bring nuts into the house.
The point is the one place it should be safe, and we can relax a bit, I was caught out. So obviously it is not possible to relax anywhere or have support anywhere.
@mark51 I pressed agree as we all have to take responsibility for what we put in our mouth. Unfortunately even restaurants are guity of adding sugar to sauces in take-outs especially.
My partner sometimes brings food into the home but ultimately I'm responsible for what I put in my mouth.
You are doing fantastic with your new diagnosis. Unfortunately it's your job to educate your family, not the other way around. Your needs should be mainly covered by YOU. Of course meds to be prescribed you carnt do yourself. You need a registered doctor but EVERYTHING ELSE is for you to change and maintain.
Unfortunately diabetes is an individual fight. We all have to fight different demons to achieve excellent control.
With the help of your family it can be achieved easier. If they agree to help. Not do everything but help YOU.
I see many posters looking down at busy women who look after everyone struggling with putting THEIR diabetes first. They cannot understand why that busy woman cannot just go walking/running or buy food more suitable just for her. Cook from scratch, everytime.
Some individuals find looking after just themselves a lot easier than others.
Some find they flourish looking after a family as a whole and hate just cooking for one.
We are all different @mark51 .
We are encouraging you to be more independant with your diabetes care. Loved ones can find it a bigger weight on their shoulders, especially when they arent diabetic themselves.
Dont add pressure to your marriage and use us here as your main support and take responsibility for your disease hun. You will feel more liberated for it. ;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes you're quite right,the wife doesn't understand the implications of her actions, but my friend does and is able to give support and guidance, even when she has her own health issues to deal with. Some people just get it and others don't. Some are quite happy to go it alone. Personally I think it's better to have support from others close to you.

Hi,

Great thread..

Personally?! I'd be wary the "wife" don't read any of this, otherwise the water supply could get cut off & you could get left with consuming copious amounts of undiluted citric acid... ;)

"Always read the label."

Reactions: 4 people