The SCREAM thread

K

Kat100

Is this still the place to scream and have a self pitting moan?

I had a great time away in France but boy is it hard to be good and keep control in a country that lives off bread and pastries, and does it so well. Then on day back we had afternoon tea at Claridge's - super fancy, I had the sandwiches but then no cakes, they looked amazing.

I know I'm doing really well controlling this but sometimes it's all too much. Blood was up at 9.0 for no reason earlier. I think I maybe need to be patient and no it will come down in time but today I just want to scream. Feeling rubbish, sweating like crazy and got a thick head.

Scream over, I'll try and be a good diabetic now - sometimes the fight and constant need to be good seems too much.

Off to buy more cheese :))
Sometimes like once a month I go out for coffee and a cake , favourite being carrot , it's the stage I am at now ..
And last week ,,like you I had my first high tea out in four years ..
It was so good and a lovely treat ...
I had the crustless sandwiches .. A plain sconce , little jam and cream .. The little cakes from the top tier were boxed up and taken home ..

Of course you are doing well .. It's just to tempting sometimes .. I like the moderation rations :)
Be naughty sometimes .. Life is short, not to be bad once in awhile .. :)

Reactions: 4 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes like once a month I go out for coffee and a cake , favourite being carrot , it's the stage I am at now ..
And last week ,,like you I had my first high tea out in four years ..
It was so good and a lovely treat ...
I had the crustless sandwiches .. A plain sconce , little jam and cream .. The little cakes from the top tier were boxed up and taken home ..

Of course you are doing well .. It's just to tempting sometimes .. I like the moderation rations :)
Be naughty sometimes .. Life is short, not to be bad once in awhile .. :)

I'm thinking maybe I was a little too naughty while away :) and the tea was the final straw.

Do find that I feel rubbish very quickly though - and then have to fight on through it until my levels are normal again. I'll proceed to eat lots of cheese and cured meats, and hopefully be back in the 5's soon.

Meanwhile, must also make a lemon cake using xylitol!

Agree, it's all about moderation though - I just got a bit slack I think!

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

If it's only happened to you, then it's probably not down to DCUK.

Edited to add:-
Malware could be on the computer of any person or organisation that has your e-mail adress.
Some one mentioned something a few weeks ago about only seeing messages here in a different context I think ..
That was a problem linked to here I recall ..
All these virus's are not good , sorry you are experiencing this X

Last edited:
K

Kat100

I'm thinking maybe I was a little too naughty while away :) and the tea was the final straw.

Do find that I feel rubbish very quickly though - and then have to fight on through it until my levels are normal again. I'll proceed to eat lots of cheese and cured meats, and hopefully be back in the 5's soon.

Meanwhile, must also make a lemon cake using xylitol!

Agree, it's all about moderation though - I just got a bit slack I think!
I to use xylitiol most of the time X

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

This morning, I uniquely received about a hundred spam messages in my inbox. This forum is one of two new web experiences in my life, one other being the online courses at a Scotish University mentioned on this forum I started taking. Both seem like moderated forums. On the other hand, I do not want my inbox bombarded. Could the denigration of the website itself and its functionality be a part of something much worse? Are we made less safe online because of this forum?

Do I have to leave this forum? If so, please know that I truly enjoyed the company of many people here, especially on this thread
If it happens again .. Do tag admin or Givernry .. They are good with IT and if it is linked to a course on here ...they should be able to help :) we like your company to .. Although I take more breaks away from here these days , but I do drop in and out ..

S

Sable_Jan

Is this still the place to scream and have a self pitting moan?

I had a great time away in France but boy is it hard to be good and keep control in a country that lives off bread and pastries, and does it so well. Then on day back we had afternoon tea at Claridge's - super fancy, I had the sandwiches but then no cakes, they looked amazing.

I know I'm doing really well controlling this but sometimes it's all too much. Blood was up at 9.0 for no reason earlier. I think I maybe need to be patient and no it will come down in time but today I just want to scream. Feeling rubbish, sweating like crazy and got a thick head.

Scream over, I'll try and be a good diabetic now - sometimes the fight and constant need to be good seems too much.

Off to buy more cheese :))
Yep, still the place to scream.....it IS really hard to be good sometimes. My friend plies me with cakes and pastries and scrummy bread to bring home with me. Often I can, and do, freeze ready for a visit from my daughter who is quite happy to take them home for the family....sometimes though, the temptation is too great and I succumb.....

S

Sable_Jan

Sat with my TENS back belt on. Just ironed 4 curtains that got creased in the dryer. Knew I should've dried 2at a time, used additional softener and kept a more careful eye on it despite being a sensor dryer...

S

Sable_Jan

I'm kind of worried that the new spamming has coincided with the denigration of this forum. Maybe there is something going on with the forum itself.

The courses were online ones mentioned on this forum but not on the forum per se, at the University of Strathclyde

I will also check a few of the religious forums I post on to see if something weird in going on there.
I'm sure your problem is some sort of virus. Do you have anti virus software? Another possibility is that there is someone who has your email address in their address book and THEIR email account has been hacked...
If it were this forum causing problems we all would have them

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Was told today I'm not entitled to mandatory life saving medication being affordable just because I'm chronically ill. :sour:

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, i need to let rip as it is depressing me... why do people always asume that people who have diabetes "brought" it on themselves... that it is "self" inflicted!

I feel like i could cry reading a post about a fight from the drunks who ended up waisting loads of time and money from services and then some one say "well not as bad as the fat people who become diabetic" and then every one pips in about how disgusting diabetics are... etc etc etc. I feel like answering but dont think they are worth my time.

Plus my baby had a nap while dinner was veing prepared (not intentional turned round and he was down and out) now he is still up (nearly midnight) every one else is asleep but me, i have to get up early in the morning and he is annoying me grabbing my hands and slapping the phone to stop me doing anything... i am tired and i want to sleep... NOW. ARGH. I cant stay mad at him, he is cute, especially his baby talk... and looking at him... but... he will be cuter when he is asleep! Argh....

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you want to tell us more?

I was having a discussion with someone on how people in the US are not lucky living in today's world of modern medicine, because their expenses for insulin have skyrocketed over the last decade. It used to be around $45 for a month's supply, now many people are up to nearly $1.5k a month (which is double the mortgage rates for many people) just to survive. I said it's ridiculous that a medicine that costs very little to make is being exploited with price hikes of that nature. This leads to people rationing their insulin and suffering ketoacidosis and losing limbs because they literally can't afford more than what they already have.

I said that this is worse than when we didn't have insulin readily available to us. At least when there was no medicine, you weren't being led on to believe that you could grow old and healthy with the condition. Now doctors tell you there are options for a long healthy life, but you have to helplessly watch as the resources you desperately need are right there in front of your nose, but you can't have any due to human greed and the circumstances you ended up in beyond you ability to change. I think that's so much worse.

This was met immediately with the message 'It didn't cost "next to nothing" to research, develop and distribute the life saving medicine you are in no way entitled to.'

My blood was boiling. Access to health care and medicine is a human right, and ignorant buttfaces like this are exactly what's wrong with the US healthcare system. Nobody chooses a chronic illness or lethal allergy, and to extort the people who desperately need it with prices they can't afford just to line the pockets of people who did nothing to contribute to the existence of the medication (most end up buying their way into the companies) is criminal at the very least.

People who think like this exist in too big numbers to my liking, and it's maddening!

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok, i need to let rip as it is depressing me... why do people always asume that people who have diabetes "brought" it on themselves... that it is "self" inflicted!

I feel like i could cry reading a post about a fight from the drunks who ended up waisting loads of time and money from services and then some one say "well not as bad as the fat people who become diabetic" and then every one pips in about how disgusting diabetics are... etc etc etc. I feel like answering but dont think they are worth my time.

Plus my baby had a nap while dinner was veing prepared (not intentional turned round and he was down and out) now he is still up (nearly midnight) every one else is asleep but me, i have to get up early in the morning and he is annoying me grabbing my hands and slapping the phone to stop me doing anything... i am tired and i want to sleep... NOW. ARGH. I cant stay mad at him, he is cute, especially his baby talk... and looking at him... but... he will be cuter when he is asleep! Argh....

People think like this because you are uninformed, and all the media tells them is that 'being obese is the leading cause for diabetes'. The media doesn't know jack, most don't even differentiate being insulin dependent and non-insulin dependent types diabetes, but they're always churning out clickbait articles of that topic. I've seen suggestions around the forums that weight gain is caused by diabetes in plenty of cases, as there are plenty skinny type 2s who don't gain until they start treatments. There is a correlation between weight and diabetes, but it's likely not to be related in the way people suggest.

I always try to educate people on diabetes. If they won't shut up and continue their tirades, I can at least say "Well at least they make medicine for my diabetes, but there's nothing in this world that can fix that ugly face of yours". Never fails to make people VERY angry and give me a good guilt free laugh.

I hope you managed to sleep after all!

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Th
People think like this because you are uninformed, and all the media tells them is that 'being obese is the leading cause for diabetes'. The media doesn't know jack, most don't even differentiate being insulin dependent and non-insulin dependent types diabetes, but they're always churning out clickbait articles of that topic. I've seen suggestions around the forums that weight gain is caused by diabetes in plenty of cases, as there are plenty skinny type 2s who don't gain until they start treatments. There is a correlation between weight and diabetes, but it's likely not to be related in the way people suggest.

I always try to educate people on diabetes. If they won't shut up and continue their tirades, I can at least say "Well at least they make medicine for my diabetes, but there's nothing in this world that can fix that ugly face of yours". Never fails to make people VERY angry and give me a good guilt free laugh.

I hope you managed to sleep after all!
Thanks, will use that line in future. I think he is coming down with something... like terrible 2s... he didnt settle until after midnight and looks like i have a repeat tonight too. Ah well, i read a post on "the mighty" (a website for people and families of people with disabilities and problems) some one had berated her, she reacted but afterwards regretted it... she said, this person acted like this because she couldnt see what she was suffering with, and by reacting she was doing the same, you just dont know what is going on in their lives to judge, so she looked at herself and realised that she had been judgemental too. Not just to that woman but many others. I liked that post, it was a real eye opener.

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was having a discussion with someone on how people in the US are not lucky living in today's world of modern medicine, because their expenses for insulin have skyrocketed over the last decade. It used to be around $45 for a month's supply, now many people are up to nearly $1.5k a month (which is double the mortgage rates for many people) just to survive. I said it's ridiculous that a medicine that costs very little to make is being exploited with price hikes of that nature. This leads to people rationing their insulin and suffering ketoacidosis and losing limbs because they literally can't afford more than what they already have.

I said that this is worse than when we didn't have insulin readily available to us. At least when there was no medicine, you weren't being led on to believe that you could grow old and healthy with the condition. Now doctors tell you there are options for a long healthy life, but you have to helplessly watch as the resources you desperately need are right there in front of your nose, but you can't have any due to human greed and the circumstances you ended up in beyond you ability to change. I think that's so much worse.

This was met immediately with the message 'It didn't cost "next to nothing" to research, develop and distribute the life saving medicine you are in no way entitled to.'

My blood was boiling. Access to health care and medicine is a human right, and ignorant buttfaces like this are exactly what's wrong with the US healthcare system. Nobody chooses a chronic illness or lethal allergy, and to extort the people who desperately need it with prices they can't afford just to line the pockets of people who did nothing to contribute to the existence of the medication (most end up buying their way into the companies) is criminal at the very least.

People who think like this exist in too big numbers to my liking, and it's maddening!
Reminds me of a movie i watched recently... pretty good cant rememver the name though, where people use time as money and when they run out of "money" they just die... while the rich could live forever... the mantra was many must die so that some can live forever!

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Reminds me of a movie i watched recently... pretty good cant rememver the name though, where people use time as money and when they run out of "money" they just die... while the rich could live forever... the mantra was many must die so that some can live forever!

That's what it feels like for sure! Also it's the movie In Time :)

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Th

Thanks, will use that line in future. I think he is coming down with something... like terrible 2s... he didnt settle until after midnight and looks like i have a repeat tonight too. Ah well, i read a post on "the mighty" (a website for people and families of people with disabilities and problems) some one had berated her, she reacted but afterwards regretted it... she said, this person acted like this because she couldnt see what she was suffering with, and by reacting she was doing the same, you just dont know what is going on in their lives to judge, so she looked at herself and realised that she had been judgemental too. Not just to that woman but many others. I liked that post, it was a real eye opener.

Hope he feels better!

I definitely agree with that. Education should come first before we judge. I didn't know much about diabetes before my diagnosis, and I don't blame anyone else for not knowing. It's just the ones who refuse to listen and behave like butts even after being told the facts who get a nice tall glass of shut the heck up. :)