1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

The SCREAM thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Robinredbreast, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Don't blame it on the boogie, blame it on the forum lol ;)
    Take care.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

RRB that made laugh out loud and cheered me up x

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. PatsyB

PatsyB Type 2 · Well-Known Member

gremlins on the pages lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Trachet

Trachet Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I would love to have gremlins rath3r than MICE aargh! I have a cupboard in the corner of my sitting room and I can hear them in there. When I go to look for them they scarper. Moment I sit down they start making noise again. I have put poison down, no luck. I read on t'internet that they don't like the smell of mint. I have put so much mint things in there that you would have thought they would need facemasks! There is also a silent noise thing that you plug in to scare them off. That obviously doesn't work. I am extremely allergic to cats so no good there. I can't cope with mousetraps and dead creatures. I am so annoyed with the pesky blighters.

• Hug Hug x 1
  5. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

I've never had any success with mint, or mothballs, or the so-called silent scarer. But this might be an option:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Pack-Lo...701864?hash=item2370493768:g:BxkAAOSwVupToJ9c
    Of course, you'd still know there was a corpse inside, but you'd never have to see it - you simply chuck the whole thing away.
    :cat:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Just get some sand and cement mix and fill in any holes.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

The silent things only work if there are no obstructions in the way so they just avoid them by running next to walls, in cavities or under floorboards

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Trachet

• Like Like x 1
  9. Robinredbreast

I can't find the 'what's everyone doing right now' thread, it is not visible anymore on the recent posts,:arghh::arghh: is it hiding :wideyed: ?

10. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

11. Robinredbreast

Same with this thread too, but someone is on to it.

12. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

That's good news. I don't access the threads that way so didn't know there was a problem until you mentioned it

• Like Like x 1
  13. CarbsRok

CarbsRok Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You can buy humane traps :) mouse goes in for a snack and can't get out again so you just take trap outside and release where ever you want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Trachet

I have got a couple of those but I found them tricky to get the little blighters into. One even managed to open the door and escape!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. jay hay-char

jay hay-char Type 2 · Well-Known Member

..... mouse then turns round and comes back into the house :D

Unless you put it in the car and drive for miles before liberating it, that is :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Trachet

I cycle about aa mile away and tip it into a cemetery. It is then each to his own!

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. PatsyB

Just feel like screaming today, weather bad and bad news on the house front so grrrrrrrrrrr not too happy

• Hug Hug x 3
  18. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Big hugs

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. PatsyB

this is it I had enough of house selling sold the house three times twice to same person only for her to try drop the price of the house cos the roof needs doing ....so I am pulling out and getting quotes for the roof today and Monday .... the estate agent still wants to put the house up for sale and I am saying do as you like I aint stressing over this no more... haha stress levels over the last few weeks of this women wanting the house then pulling out then wanting again is too muchy for me... so we stay where we are ... sorry mom I know you wanted me to be nearer to you but can not do at present arghhhhh

• Hug Hug x 2
  20. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Shouldn't be allowed to pull out once they've made an offer .... and Defo not bid again...... I guess if their own sale falls through then that would be different....
    All this stress and you didn't really want to move apart from caravan parking space

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook