Losing virginity in adolescence

Ana Sofia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, i'm 16 and i need some good advices that help me make the right decision. What should i do in my age after this? I really like my boyfriend and he's a special guy for me. I did it because i think it was the right time and we love each other since months. Besides that, i'm well aware of the risks that sex brings. Is it the condom enought? I'm willing to take the pill but i'm not sure if i should with my age. I told my mum and she doesn't want me to take it... What should i do? I have no idea... is it too risky to do without pill, just with condom?

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
On your profile page it says you are 46!!! Born in 1970

Edited by a mod

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I won't even "go there".. But I'll tag in @azure . She knows this stuff...

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Ana Sofia :)

Condoms can be safe and they're a good protection against sexually transmitted diseases (Google them - there are some horrible diseases so always use a condom) but they're not 100% effective. That means you run the risk of pregnancy and possibly catching a sexually transmitted disease.

There is no reason why a girl of 16 couldn't take the Pill but you would need to speak to a doctor and make sure it's suitable for you. A doctor would also decide which kind of Pill was best for you. If you do take the Pill, it's important to take it exactly as the doctor tells you.

You could see if there is any organisation in your country that offers free contraceptive advice to young people.

It's good you spoke to your mum. you haven't said why she doesn't want you to take the Pill. If it's because of health fears, then perhaps a check from your doctor will help your mum relax more. If she has other reasons, then talking to her is always a good thing. I'm sure she wants you to be safe and happy in your life.

So - quick answer. Condoms are not 100% protection. Speak to a doctor or nurse about more contraceptive help and also to get indormation about sexually transmitted diseases and how to protect yourself.

And remember that YOU are in control. Never do anything you don't feel happy doing. The most mature teenagers are the ones who understand that it's sometimes best to simply say No.

Reactions: col101

Ana Sofia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Ana Sofia :)

Condoms can be safe and they're a good protection against sexually transmitted diseases (Google them - there are some horrible diseases so always use a condom) but they're not 100% effective. That means you run the risk of pregnancy and possibly catching a sexually transmitted disease.

There is no reason why a girl of 16 couldn't take the Pill but you would need to speak to a doctor and make sure it's suitable for you. A doctor would also decide which kind of Pill was best for you. If you do take the Pill, it's important to take it exactly as the doctor tells you.

You could see if there is any organisation in your country that offers free contraceptive advice to young people.

It's good you spoke to your mum. you haven't said why she doesn't want you to take the Pill. If it's because of health fears, then perhaps a check from your doctor will help your mum relax more. If she has other reasons, then talking to her is always a good thing. I'm sure she wants you to be safe and happy in your life.

So - quick answer. Condoms are not 100% protection. Speak to a doctor or nurse about more contraceptive help and also to get indormation about sexually transmitted diseases and how to protect yourself.

And remember that YOU are in control. Never do anything you don't feel happy doing. The most mature teenagers are the ones who understand that it's sometimes best to simply say No.
Thank you so much for your help, it was very good for me. Actually i wan't to have maximum security and not let problems happen. Maybe i should talk with my mum and tell her i won't do anything bad for me. I think i'll just wait a little bit more and later i'll do it without being afraid of nothing. Thank you a lot :))

Reactions: azure

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No problem :)

You sound a very sensible person :) Always look after yourself and your health :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much for your help, it was very good for me. Actually i wan't to have maximum security and not let problems happen. Maybe i should talk with my mum and tell her i won't do anything bad for me. I think i'll just wait a little bit more and later i'll do it without being afraid of nothing. Thank you a lot :))

Ana Sofia - It seems your profile might be inaccurate as it suggests you are 46 and not sixteen? Thanks.

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
yep go with the condoms safest form of protection from diseases x