Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's a lovely moment isn't it! Glad all is going well x

Sammorgan16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there, congratulations I was just hoping to find out how far along you are? I am 5ish weeks and have my first diabetic antenatal appointment on Tuesday wondering if they'll be giving me an early scan
Thanks xxx

marie85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've been reading so much about it and everybody's opinions seem to be different @marie85 im hoping for an early scan to settle my mind only been diagnosed since July xxx

@Sammorgan16 yeah that's why I'm hoping for early scan today-I'm so worried...just don't know how much they can tell so early-really hope the next few weeks until 12week scan go quickly. Are you on pump or injections? I'm on injections & hoping to get a CGM. This is my 1st pregnancy so don't have much to offer advice wise but have been Type 1 for 12yrs if you've any DM questions. Been reading lots of the posts on this forum today they are so useful - I'm new to the forum too xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there, congratulations I was just hoping to find out how far along you are? I am 5ish weeks and have my first diabetic antenatal appointment on Tuesday wondering if they'll be giving me an early scan
Thanks xxx

They might do or they might decide it's too early. Don't worry if they say that. All it means is that the baby is too small to see properly. Sometimes early scans are internal in order to try to get the clearest picture.

There's not much to see early on. Just a little blob/bean shape - but, of course, wonderful to see. The 12 week scan will show much more and you'll be able to pick out a miniature little person :)

@marie85 Don't worry :) Look after yourself and relax. I know that having diabetes can make you think about stuff a lot and worry when you don't have to, but don't let it play on your mind. Yes, you've got an extra job to do, controlling your blood sugar, but do enjoy your pregnancy too. You'll be very well looked after :)

Reactions: marie85

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Sammorgan16 and @marie85- aw how lovely, congrats!

I will be 8wks on Monday - but my appointment was last Tuesday and I was 7wks 2days... My first appointment was at 5wks and I did end up having an internal scan then (I wasn't meant to - but I had a bit of a blub as a friend had texted me the night before to say she'd miscarried - and it just set me off into a total tailspin of paranoia) - anyway; when they did the scan it was too early to really see anything, and so ended up causing me more worry... So personally I'd hold off til 7/8 weeks if you can - it is only still a blob, but seeing the blob - and the heartbeat - is sooooooooo lovely

-- and how sweet that we're all going to be on this journey together xx

Reactions: marie85

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good advice @-Artemis-

Sometimes early scans just cause more worry. My clinic offer them at around 7wks but I declined - one reason being that I knew I'd still worry anyway!