Online Keto Summit

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought some may find this free online summit of interest - starts September 25. Usual story - you can buy the summit and/or watch the daily presentations (usually around 4 hours worth) online free. Some of the guests are well-known to many of us:

Prof Tim Noakes
Dr Jason Fung
Dr Ron Rosedale
Prof Thomas Seyfried
Prof Richard Feinman
Dr Dominic D'Agostino
Dr Catherine Crofts
Ivor Cummins
Robb Wolf
Mark Sisson
Dave Asprey
Chris Masterjohn and many, many more

Details here: http://ketosummit.com/

Edited to change to a direct link in case the link I originally copied was somehow "tainted" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: cz_dave

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just adding to this thread to both bump it and to say that this is the best online summit I've run across since starting to watch them about 4 years ago.

Well worth the money I paid to get early access. The production values alone are head and shoulders above the run of the mill summits that seem to be churned out by the same people using the same software and the same boring photos on their slides. The level of interviewing is also much higher than the standard fare - the interviewer has obviously done his research, both on the subject and on his guests. And the calibre of the guests is outstanding.

@Winnie53 - I think you will love this one - it is in a class of its own ;)

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just watching an interview from the Summit with Patricia Daly, an occular melanoma survivor and nutritionist who works with cancer patients in Dublin. She and a chef co-author have written a "How To" guide called "The Ketogenic Kitchen" for starting both low carb and keto with recipes that give exact measurements of carbs, etc. Sounds like a really good resource for newbies - and foodies:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ketogenic-...4870787&sr=8-1&keywords=the+ketogenic+kitchen

She also has an online e-learning course: http://ketoforyou.com/

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I signed up for this and I have watched 2 of them so far, the first being Dr. Fung who was very good. I am having trouble with the videos which is due to slow internet and a twitchy computer so I will cherry pick but so far I am impressed.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've enjoyed most of the talks so far, but the absolute standout for me was Tim Noakes, with Ron Rosedale a close second. After that, it'd be hard to pick - a lot would depend on your areas of interest. Fung is good, also Robb Wolf, Dominic D'Agostino. For practical tips on the diet, Patricia Daly is excellent. Cate Shanahan on lipids is also excellent. Lots of athletic performance experts if that's your thing. Quite a few experts in the cancer field. It's been the best summit I've paid for, without doubt.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Well athletics is not my thing to say the least so not very interested in that. I am going the free route so most have not been released, only 2 days worth. I will look for those over the next few days if my computer doesn't completely pack it in.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well athletics is not my thing to say the least so not very interested in that. I am going the free route so most have not been released, only 2 days worth. I will look for those over the next few days if my computer doesn't completely pack it in.
Mine either!

I'm happy to listen and learn from the experts in the field - but translating that into actually doing something, not so much ;)

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Well I am going to do something. It is 2:30 am here and I am going to try to get to sleep before the birds sing for a change. Sleep is important or so I hear while I am up all night....again lol:p:D:hilarious::stinkyfeet:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You must listen to Dr Kirk Parsley's talk on the importance of sleep, then :D

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes, just finished it too. Seems like a fellow you would love to just sit and talk to. I am going to look into his book.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Just watching an interview from the Summit with Patricia Daly, an occular melanoma survivor and nutritionist who works with cancer patients in Dublin. She and a chef co-author have written a "How To" guide called "The Ketogenic Kitchen" for starting both low carb and keto with recipes that give exact measurements of carbs, etc. Sounds like a really good resource for newbies - and foodies:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ketogenic-...4870787&sr=8-1&keywords=the+ketogenic+kitchen

She also has an online e-learning course: http://ketoforyou.com/
I bought the book, its excellent

Reactions: Indy51