1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Online Keto Summit

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Indy51, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

Thought some may find this free online summit of interest - starts September 25. Usual story - you can buy the summit and/or watch the daily presentations (usually around 4 hours worth) online free. Some of the guests are well-known to many of us:

Prof Tim Noakes
    Dr Jason Fung
    Dr Ron Rosedale
    Prof Thomas Seyfried
    Prof Richard Feinman
    Dr Dominic D'Agostino
    Dr Catherine Crofts
    Ivor Cummins
    Robb Wolf
    Mark Sisson
    Dave Asprey
    Chris Masterjohn and many, many more

Details here: http://ketosummit.com/

Edited to change to a direct link in case the link I originally copied was somehow "tainted" :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    #1 Indy51, Sep 15, 2016 at 10:16 PM
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  2. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

Just adding to this thread to both bump it and to say that this is the best online summit I've run across since starting to watch them about 4 years ago.

Well worth the money I paid to get early access. The production values alone are head and shoulders above the run of the mill summits that seem to be churned out by the same people using the same software and the same boring photos on their slides. The level of interviewing is also much higher than the standard fare - the interviewer has obviously done his research, both on the subject and on his guests. And the calibre of the guests is outstanding.

@Winnie53 - I think you will love this one - it is in a class of its own ;)

3. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

Just watching an interview from the Summit with Patricia Daly, an occular melanoma survivor and nutritionist who works with cancer patients in Dublin. She and a chef co-author have written a "How To" guide called "The Ketogenic Kitchen" for starting both low carb and keto with recipes that give exact measurements of carbs, etc. Sounds like a really good resource for newbies - and foodies:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ketogenic-...4870787&sr=8-1&keywords=the+ketogenic+kitchen

She also has an online e-learning course: http://ketoforyou.com/

4. chalup

chalup Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I signed up for this and I have watched 2 of them so far, the first being Dr. Fung who was very good. I am having trouble with the videos which is due to slow internet and a twitchy computer so I will cherry pick but so far I am impressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

I've enjoyed most of the talks so far, but the absolute standout for me was Tim Noakes, with Ron Rosedale a close second. After that, it'd be hard to pick - a lot would depend on your areas of interest. Fung is good, also Robb Wolf, Dominic D'Agostino. For practical tips on the diet, Patricia Daly is excellent. Cate Shanahan on lipids is also excellent. Lots of athletic performance experts if that's your thing. Quite a few experts in the cancer field. It's been the best summit I've paid for, without doubt.

6. chalup

Well athletics is not my thing to say the least so not very interested in that. I am going the free route so most have not been released, only 2 days worth. I will look for those over the next few days if my computer doesn't completely pack it in.

7. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

Mine either!

I'm happy to listen and learn from the experts in the field - but translating that into actually doing something, not so much ;)

8. chalup

Well I am going to do something. It is 2:30 am here and I am going to try to get to sleep before the birds sing for a change. Sleep is important or so I hear while I am up all night....again lol:p:D:hilarious::stinkyfeet:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

You must listen to Dr Kirk Parsley's talk on the importance of sleep, then :D

10. chalup

11. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Just watched Prof Tim Noakes.. what a genius he is..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. chalup

Yes, just finished it too. Seems like a fellow you would love to just sit and talk to. I am going to look into his book.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. dawnmc

dawnmc Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I bought the book, its excellent

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook