Sweet Potatoes

traceysteven

Hi traceysteven. Thanks for your input. :) Whats 'one calorie fry-light'? Sounds good. However surely the 'one calorie' depends on how much you use. :D Sorry... a bad attempt at a joke. ;)
Hi it is normally with the cooking oils in the supermarket it says one cal on the can and each spray you do is worth one calorie
I have it in butter, rapseed,garlic and barbecue flavours and use it a lot

Yes you are right it does depend on how much you use
I recommended it to my friend and she said there wasn't much in a few sprays so she opened it up and poured it out :D

Reactions: everway9

Jas_Seehra_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone.

It's been a while since I've been on. I hope y'all doing good tonight! :)

I would ask this question on a food forum but why would I when this forum is full of great people who know a lot about food.

I have never tasted them that I can remember.

I do not know what made me buy some but I bought 2 today and thought that I'd ask you all firstly, what they taste like and secondly what your favorite way(s) of cooking them are and what they go well with?

Anyone? :)

Edited: 22:00 26/09. In case you missed it... I bought sweet potatoes. :)
Hi I often buy them. I cut them as thick chips or discs lightly brush them with oil and sprinkle salt, black pepper,herb of your choice and peprica and stick in the oven 15-20mins or until cooked as oven chips and they delicious and are low in sugar . Hope this is useful. Cheers Jas

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nothing springs to mind :)
Thanks Jas.

Yes!!!! Sorry..... I completely forgot to add. Sweet potatoes seem to have very little effect on my glucose levels. D'oh! :)

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
BTW...... Welcome to the forum Jas! I hope you find it as awesome as I do. Very good friendly people here with lots of knowledge! :)

MaxineKL

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I've got to try that curry recipe! btw, you can also slice sweet potatoes thin (especially nice with the orange ones sometimes mistakenly called "yams") and eat them raw. Something like crunchy carrots.

christineMG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another way, if you can handle the sodium, is microwaved or sautéed with ginger, soy sauce and sesame seeds -- Japanese flavours

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks MaxineKL & christineMG. Sounds yummy! :)

Hi 1701davew. Welcome to the forum. Yes I'm interested in the toaster method too.

I'm assuming that you just buy a big fat round sweet potato, slice it around where it's diameter is largest and to the desired thickness and toast. I suppose you could use the remaining bits which are too small for the toaster and fry them to have with something else. I found some pretty big ones in the local supermarket.. about 6 or 7 inch in diameter. :)

boronursey

Hi everyone.

I would ask this question on a food forum but why would I when this forum is full of great people who know a lot about food.

I do not know what made me buy some but I bought 2 today and thought that I'd ask you all firstly, what they taste like and secondly what your favorite way(s) of cooking them are and what they go well with?

They fairly sweet tasting and can be used in sweet and savoury dishes..low carb..i use as jackets..roasted..beautiful with squash made into soup..find cake recipes using potatoes and replace with sweet ones..yummy

peterlemer

Hi everyone.

I like 'em roasted in with other veg, but sadly the GL is rather high: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2668/2

pete

Janwls

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rain and wind
Hi everyone.

I never had them before I was dionosed with type 2 . Just bought some out of curiosity, love them better than white tastes tastier and very versatile can do all sorts with them roast , boil, stews . Recommend you try them . Good luck , from Janet

jimsboss

Yes, when my wife first suggested that we try them, I was'nt happy and pushed them away. one day in a fast food place the people next to us had sweet potato chips. Great! Don't knock it till you've tried them!

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I never had them before I was dionosed with type 2 . Just bought some out of curiosity, love them better than white tastes tastier and very versatile can do all sorts with them roast , boil, stews . Recommend you try them . Good luck , from Janet

I have a new favorite vegetable. :) Thanks. :)

Reactions: Liam1955