1 week in the pump!

JimC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all,
It's been a week on the pump and things are good with the exception of last night and today!

Most of yesterday evening my bg would be 11 and throughout the night went up to 14. I had correction dose but didn't seem to bring it down!

I thought it may have been the cannula so changed that and the site and now it's hovering around 11 most of today!

Have a new giving set done today as had to change the cartridge so see how it goes today!

Reactions: redtree92

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
It just sounds as if you need to do some basal testing and set your pump up correctly.

JimC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I have the pump clinic Monday! Just weird things were going great then 1 blip last night and today! I have some fasting tests to do this week before I go Monday!

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
could you be coming down with an infection or cold?

JimC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't feel cold or ill! Bit a possibility!

iHs

It will take a while of bg testing and trial and error before basal rates can be adjusted to achieve some degree of stability but basal rates sometimes need to be adjusted again according to bodyweight changing, the weather temps getting hotter or colder or because diabetes is being a PITA. You get used to it or go bonkers with frustration

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Well I have the pump clinic Monday! Just weird things were going great then 1 blip last night and today! I have some fasting tests to do this week before I go Monday!
As a general rule everyone seems to have a good first week then things go t*ts up which means start your basal testing and adjusting your basal rates.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @JimC - hope things improve. Maybe just teething probs. Which pump are you on?

JimC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi sorry for the late reply, I'm on the accu-chek insight, did some fasting tests ready for today's clinic and they have adjusted my basal rate slightly and my units per carbs! See how it goes now as was running only slightly high from my blip the other day!

redtree92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
It's been a week on the pump and things are good with the exception of last night and today!

Most of yesterday evening my bg would be 11 and throughout the night went up to 14. I had correction dose but didn't seem to bring it down!

I thought it may have been the cannula so changed that and the site and now it's hovering around 11 most of today!

Have a new giving set done today as had to change the cartridge so see how it goes today!

oooh strange !! Let us know how the clinic went, i am looking to get a pump, so all the little learning curves are interesting to know :)

hope you get them level!

x

JimC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,
The clinic went well, have changed basal rate as said in previous comment! They say after a week or 2 you get a bit of resistance which is common but things seem better! Have some random fasting tests to do and other tests!

Been looking at using the multiwave function but haven't got the balls to do it yet as still have my pump L plates lol

They covered using temporary basal as well but I'm worried if I play with anything like that I'm gonna bigger it all right up!